• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Melo really injured after that first air? Or was that the Japanese losing spirit of I gave it my best but failed so now I have to cry attitude? Seemed to me that "all of a sudden" she was injured. O'course, if Im wrong Ill retract that statement but highly unlikely.

And, J.F.C., could the NHK announcers be any worse. They suck :rolleyes: thumbsdown.gif

I was wondering the same thing about Melo. It seemed like she grabbed her hip after she first hit earth, but she didn't grab it much after that. Just slid down the drain.

Maybe she was checking to see if her keitai was undamaged.

Quote:
Originally posted by AK 77:
Other questions: did anyone think that Karin Traa (?) was robbed in the womens moguls - she did a 7, and got beaten by someone doing a lame 3???
The air is only 25% of the score for moguls
The rest is style and speed

Aiko had a killer 2nd air as well but wasn't up to it for the rest.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
So is Melo really injured after that first air? Or was that the Japanese losing spirit of I gave it my best but failed so now I have to cry attitude? Seemed to me that "all of a sudden" she was injured. O'course, if Im wrong Ill retract that statement but highly unlikely.
She looked like she was in a lot of pain
But she landed the air and didn't she?
And then she fell in the middle when it looked like she caught an edge

Melo hurt her back pretty bad a while ago so that could be what happened. I too didnt think that she hit it at all but who knows. Everyone trash talks them but you gotta blame the media for trying to hype it up. Its not like they go to the media and say hype me up. The Japanese girl who bit the lip on both her third airs was the only one going high enough to have a chance.

Too much emphasis placed on medals by the media and the public, 4th place finishes are very respectable.

As for Domu and Melo, they're young, maybe they'll become better adjusted to society in the future. But if they start spewing cliches, they won't be entertaining anymore..

It's sad that NHK's mediocre broadcast looks superb in comparison to other channels' extreme cheerleading and stupidity.

That other figure skater (Shizuka?) has more of a chance of winning something than Miki Ando I think. The media fuss for that one will be deafening.

Quote:
Originally posted by number9:
Too much emphasis placed on medals by the media and the public, 4th place finishes are very respectable.
That's true 9
But coming home with a medal gold, silver or bronze is so much better than coming home with nothing
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
I like the cross country guy that fell in the pursuit, got run over by about 10 people got up and placed 2nd. That guts
Really?
Missed that one
Not Japanese I guess because he actually placed in the top ;\)

Haha, yeah, she looks very healthy, like a swimmer. But like gymnastics, it's physically easier for tiny girls to lauch themselves on crazy jumps, so it seems difficult for many girls to keep on adapting and succeeding when they start growing and putting on weight.