Like i said, there are a ton of smaller companies who have good stuff, depending on what you want to get. For example,Never Summer makes the strongest snowboards ever (3 year warranty), Companies like M6 have lifetime warranties on their high-end stuff (burton too, but you probably will have to use the warranty), as well as a host of others for boots, bags, and bindings.

I know the topic is Brands to avoid and there are plenty out there.

I would recommend Libtech boards, I have had my board for 3 years and it is still a great board- I would definetely buy another board from this company.

Forget Burton there are way better brands out there that are great value and quality!

I've never had problems with my Burton boards or bindings and although expensive they retain their sales value better than most other brands...at least here in brand concsious Nippon.

For no particular reason I would never buy kissmark products or any brand's single lens goggle.

• 3 weeks later...

Burton boards are ok but anything else by Burton including bindings is crap. Im not just Burton bashing here, I have had several Burton products which just didnt cut it. I even emailed burton and got zero response.

I get absolutely livid when strap bindings break beacause its a safety issue. Comapanies shouldnt be allowed to get away with making shit bindings.

Anyway I got my revenge by switching to hardboots.

That depends what you are into. If you are freeriding and dont spin and trick it up in the park and pipe very often Id highly recommend dee luxe le mans hardboots (you can unlock them for a soft boot feel) and plate bindings. they will never break and will last for ages. Ultra responsive edge control, great for speed and no nonsense air, take no time to clip in and out because there is no ratchet crap to deal with just one clip down bail. Super comfortable thermo moulded inner.

Great for backcountry too.