EBC and JM, thanks a lot. That's a big help. \:\)

I tried to find out how heavy those marker bindings are, they are titanium and this is from Marker's website.

Quote:
TThese binding models are constructed using state-of-the-art innovation and engineering. Designed for skiers who want agressive high performance reliability coupled with lightweight high-quality convenience. The versatility , quality and value in this category is tremendous.
I think I saw LINE celebrity somewhere yesterday, can't remember. They were not cheap though.

Thanks for the links, I usually check backcountry.com. skipass.com is really helpful I wish I could read French. French site has more comments.

I'll do more research but I think I probably go for K2 Nancy169 at this moment.

Seth Pistols, S-Monkey had them, didn't he?

I'll be Hakuba next weekend, maybe need a talk with Rapie again.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

yeh sock monkey has seths.....

K2 nancy sound good, they will be really solid skis, you'll like them a lot thumbsup.gif

brand new LINE celebs prob wont be that cheap, but the 'chick' skis tend to be a bit cheaper than the guys skis.

aren't there any of last years models floating around tokyo? i was surprised last time i was in kanda/jimbocho at the total lack of last years models. if you can find last years they will be cheaper ---- or look on yahoo auctions or ebay?

what height are you slow?

Dont write off the salomon skis just yet. For women they are a pretty good ski and you wont destroy them you are too light. My wife really loved her pocket rockets they were a great first pow ski.

Also dont just think twintip as you really dont need it at all.

The Volkls arent really that still Ive flexed them and they have a mid flex if that.

Dont buy a ski system built into the ski it just makes it heavier. salomon 910 ti or 912 ti are the best and lightest bindings. the alomic binding is the same as well. The new rossb/look bindings are very heavy actually. You could mount Diamir freerides or explores onto your skis as well. Light and easy to get out of the tree spots that my wife takes you into.

and just to lighten the day cause heck its heavy here at the moment ill paste a funny bit from a friends blog.

Man I cant wait for him to rock back into town for a few laughs and giggles.

As for the salesman story of the week Thursday I had some dude come in looking at sleeping bags who was so fat that I couldn’t zip him into any of the ones we had in stock. Not really a fun position to be in, especially in this politically correct age, but I just blamed it all on the sleeping bag manufacturers and not his inability to drive past a Burger King. Apart from that the job is interesting on a lot of levels. I’m finding out a few new skills that I didn’t know I had, the main one being that I really like helping other people do shit. Besides I figure if I can’t travel right now I can use my experience to help others so that they have the best trip they can. The biggest thing that I have to do constantly remind people is that great gear is no substitute for technique in whatever sport they are trying to undertake. A six hundred-dollar backpack won’t make a 7-day camping trip possible if you’ve never even done an over nighter before. Despite my constantly telling others that the lesson hasn’t hit home cause I’ll next time I head out I’ll be the skier all decked out in the latest gear, but tripping all over himself on the way down.

The excitement of the week was going off to an NHL game. That’s right the national pastime of Canada and aside from painfully dull leadership conventions it’s the only thing that actually will get a Canadian to show a hint of emotion. Anyways, I was lucky enough to witness “my team” the once proud Ottawa Senators loose yet another game to an even worse team. Not even the fact that I was sitting 13 rows from the ice could make the 18 feble shots Ottawa put on Tampa’s goalie much of an event. However despite a marginal game, entertainment wise, I was accompanied by The Keck and he was more than up to the task of mocking and ridiculing the event and all those who attended along with me.

wolfareakmcjohnskiinglv2.jpg

My ski day today. Went up to the Kootenay Pass area with the Kootenay Mountaineering Club. A large group of 13 but even though the avy level was Considerable/High we never saw anything slide. Powder and another new area that I want to return to

It was snowing heavily most of the day so just skinning shots here and there. Nothing worth putting up here

Fubuki I am indeed in BC. In the Kootenays. Where I'll be next spring is anybodies guess. But I hope it is somewhere near mountains in BC

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
EBC and JM, thanks a lot. That's a big help. \:\)

I tried to find out how heavy those marker bindings are, they are titanium and this is from Marker's website.
 Quote:
TThese binding models are constructed using state-of-the-art innovation and engineering. Designed for skiers who want agressive high performance reliability coupled with lightweight high-quality convenience. The versatility , quality and value in this category is tremendous.
I think I saw LINE celebrity somewhere yesterday, can't remember. They were not cheap though.
Thanks for the links, I usually check backcountry.com. skipass.com is really helpful I wish I could read French. French site has more comments.
I'll do more research but I think I probably go for K2 Nancy169 at this moment.
Seth Pistols, S-Monkey had them, didn't he?
I'll be Hakuba next weekend, maybe need a talk with Rapie again.
Forgot to say earlier - demo as many of the skis that interest you as possible. You will be surprised just how different they are. Do shops in Japan have demo skis that you can borrow/rent?