Quote:
Originally posted by Motherhucker:
EBC, How where the winds today?
yesterday got a bit wild and windy, the skyline lift shut on happo as AK and crew were on it.... scary times i hear. after that we lapped sakka, which was fun.

today started off a little windy, we were up on the 7.30am gondola... took a few runs on other parts of happo from the usual spots, then headed over to sakka, until skyline opened, and was lots of fun when it did.

later in the day, it became dead calm. as we left the hill around 3.30pm it was beautiful, no wind at all....you know when the snow is coming down really slowly and peacefully and it's just really quiet..... my favourite conditions for skiing trees, beautiful.

i think tomorrow will be a good day, but most folk have to go back to work.
  • Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Nice work fellas.. I'm almost at crunch point, I just don't know where to go for skiing now.

Is it on in Hakuba? Are the fronts lining up finally? Two weeks till I go, haven't booked a thing, cousin wants me to go to Utah with him, another mate's keen on Hakuba..

HELP!

Quote:
Originally posted by sock_monkey:
great weekend in Hakuba, finished it off with some fantastic tree runs with FT this afternoon. well worth catching the later train.
woulda liked to have skied with FF Sunday morning...sorry we didnt catch up mate. Though slow and I did jump off the lifts together. Shes a bit of a wild one ;\)

Sweet crew up in Haks over the break cool.gif

Yeah i was lapping up the trees over the weekend trying to pull people with me. I love early tree sking cause now one goes into them.

My news years line was screw the skyline I want more than that. lol

Was busy as but now that Im back to work teaching English I have more net time. lol

Sorry CB next time I can make a day for yoeah but I was full on.

the shite talking nite was fun I had a good laugh. SG so goes life sorry but i was am too busy to go down that way at night. Also im not going to Drink and drive I have too much to loose now, Id be sucked into a beer or 2 if I did head that way.

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
Snowstorm, good friends, my fist time fat ski, funfunfun!
Skiing in Hakuba is always fun! \:\)
Fat skis and jumping off of chairs?
Slow is that you? ;\)
I certainly caught flack for that a couple years ago on these forums
You liked the fat skis eh Slow. I bet you were able to cruise through the powder \:\)
lol.gif Bastards stopped that lift with me the next one on and watching CB and Slow jumping off ahead of me! Lucky actually the winds were a bitch up higher for those stuck on the lift. Great time up there FT, cheers happyglass.gif And watching you catch burn after burn from the large SJ crowd that night was damn good too! ;\) Was good to meet up with a bunch of you guys up there in Hakkas. Really enjoyed Sunday morning with everyone up on the Skyline and then Sock Monkey, Davo and CB down lower. Sweet!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:
Malolos got nuthin` on the fish!
depends on the terrain! Haven't seen Terje riding a fish recently...but he's always on a malolo lol.gif

but seriously, the fish has some serious float! I'd consider getting one if I didn't have a malolo. I want to get one for my wife.

Bad luck BP, but count yourself lucky that you didn't get on that lift. The wind was so bad that me & Ak were snuggling \:o
I hope there's a next time BP

Cool meeting up with everyone and also riding with that big group on Sunday. The 'funny walk' display out of the restaurant was gold lol.gif

The tree riding must just be starting to be good now. Next time SG, next time...the races were a good laugh anyway.

great trip; good to see and meet other SJers

Kuma, thanks for the pic. and the tips, coach!

Thanks again for the tour, FT.

AK won the contest for the ministry of funny walks. Maybe it was b/c his was last and the rest of us were rolling in laughter. can't believe we all did it w/ a straight face.