• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

well...... AK's gone skating with Oyuki Kigan, and i'm being sensible and already in bed, ready to get up at 6.30am tomorrow and be on the first gondola, looking forward to it.

absolutely LOVIN my LINE prophets with diamir fritschi freerides...... totally sweet set up. now i see the difference between my 85 underfoot K2 public enemys and the 100 underfoot prophets, they are sick, and the flex is perfect.... good having something longer at 172cm too. will ski them a bit more, and do a review of them.

hoping to pick up a digital SLR this month and get some sweet pictures cool.gif thumbsup.gif

heeeeey SJ, can you make a snowman icon? we need a snowman graemlin!!!!!!!!!!

Had my 1st run today at Alts Bandai. It was snowing heavy there and there was a terrible wind! Anyways it was class. Was great to get back on the skis again and in the afternoon, after I shook of the many months inactivity, I put some decent runs in! \:D \:D

Anyone going Hakuba/Shiga at the weekend? Looking to go but no one to go with!!! \:o wakaranai.gif sadglass.gif

Anyways let me know.

Really cool picture ianbc.

And the thread keeps growing longer and longer.

But how does it work with the original subject. It started out as "snow in Japan", then became "snow in Hakuba" powered by FT, Toque and CB and this season it changed again, this time to "snow in Hakuba and BC" (that's is very different from snow in Hakuba BC.) Isn't there a way to change to name of the subject for the thread?

I just read the Hakuba Now report. Its looking good out there now. I don't want to hear any complaints

My Sunday started out logging onto the net this morning to find 8cms of fresh

That turned into thigh deep snow because of high winds and heavy snowfall. Pretty good turns in the trees where it collected but the snow soon turned to freezing rain and coated everything. Early day. Just 4 hours on the hill. But I skied pretty hard. Good end to the weekend

I'm unsure of what to do now.. My cousin who's living in the UK wants to head to Utah or Colorado for a few weeks, it's looking good there. Or I can head to Hakuba where the season may or may not kick on, hmm....

it's el nino...The rockys and the sierra nevadas are where it is at this year. Japan is off to a slow start while CO. already got pounded by 2 massive storms. If I had a choice, i'd be at brekinridge right now.

-SJA

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
Dude when Honshu gets it you will want to be there. Winter will come to the Alps and when it does the powder is going to be deeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
it was deep cool.gif even when there was no snow falling it was deep. you just gotta hike for your turns. like the chute we did off norikura. It was freaking dumpin in Hakuba clap.gif