• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

youre right Toque. when I was training for triathlons in Hawaii I had several friends hit and killed by cars while riding their bikes. Its definitely not just J-people. I was hit by a car out on the N.shore eek.gif mad.gif At least nothing was broken except for some cuts and scratches on my body \:\(

lets dangerous sports! \:D

More snow on the mountains is very good. What sucks is, I was suppose to be rolling out for a trip tomorrow. Thanks to my boss, that's not going to happen. Sucks.

I went to Hakuba last Wed. That was the worst trip for me this season. Simply cause of the conditions. Waiting for the gondola, but that got shutdown for roughly 1/2 hour to 45 mins. High winds, so they didn't want to send it up. After we all managed to finally get up to the slopes, it was all ice until like noon. The park opened up around 1000 - 1100. Not sure exactly what time, but in there somewhere. It started getting better, but then it started raining at 1400. I was riding in the off limits off-piste areas, which was better than the regular trails, but even that was pretty terrible. The snow has been there so long that it's simply not real enjoyable to ride.

Course, the fact that it was raining and I didn't get time to wax my board (last minute trip), didn't help.

By 1600, the rain turned into snow and a thick fog rolled in. You could barely see 5 meters in front of you.

The park was ruined before 1300. Ppl kept falling during their landings, falling before they even jumped, falling going up to the jump, and so on. Don't get me wrong, I'm learning how to jump and can only land about half the attempts I make, but come on. I'm not a complete novice trying to take the jumps.

Hakuba definitely needs the new layer of snow.