Can anyone let me know if the Club Med in Sahoro, Hokaido is good? I plan to go this Dec. Anyone has been there before and can let me know if the snow condition in early Dec 10 is good for skiing?

thanks lol.gif

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Dec 10, could be iffy. Depends on the season, I guess. Last season Hokkaido was off to a late start, so there wouldn't have been much going on. Later is definitely better.

Sahoro doesn't get as much regular snow as other areas cos it's further inland, you can be lucky and get a great dump and fantastic conditions, or it can be nice, or even mediocre. Depends also on what kinda of conditions/slopes you want. Yes, good for families - great kid care, food is wonderful, there's a pool, outdoor Canadian bath, gym, rather, all sorts of stuff going on there. Nice thing is that it's not so crowded.

If Shimba's club med video is still up you can see the kinda conditions that she and Cpt Stag had 2 years ago - really nice powder. When I was there there wasn't anywhere near as much fresh snow, though we did have some falls. I was only there a coupla days.

Thank you so much for all your valuable opiton. In fact, I am just a new snowboarder and my friends want to learn ski there. The reason why we plan Sahoro because it was not crowded as compared with other resort which the other facilities is good. So tree skiing is not important to us. What we need may be just one beginner and one intermediate slope. I heard from club med that they will still produce some artifical snow if the natural is not enough but of course I prefer the natural one. Do you think where I could get the most update information on web?

Besides, I plan to buy some equipment in Japan (tokyo/sapporo) Can anyone suggest me where to buy, how to buy and how much would I have to budget?

Don't let cheeseman put you off Jeannie - he just likes cheese a lot.

You can buy equipment in all the major sports shops, do a search on here as well. The major area in Tokyo is called Jimbotcho.

It's all right but if it's just the snow you are going for there is better in Hokkaido. Club Med is great for families and the whole entertainment thing.

That reminds me of a party gig we once did at Naeba one October for Adidas staff. Halfway thru the gig a coupla J-guys (who looked like they were fresh out of teen-hood) jumped on stage stripping off and started dancing around in knickers and G-strings! eek.gif Others followed suit on the dance floor! It wasn't a pretty sight, (my tastes must be more refined or something) us band members were all looking at each other thinking WTF?

I've heard that this is a J-phenomenom, heard about other cases of it too...

Quote:
Originally posted by sunrise:
That reminds me of a party gig we once did at Naeba one October for Adidas staff. Halfway thru the gig a coupla J-guys (who looked like they were fresh out of teen-hood) jumped on stage stripping off and started dancing around in knickers and G-strings! eek.gif Others followed suit on the dance floor! It wasn't a pretty sight, (my tastes must be more refined or something) us band members were all looking at each other thinking WTF?
I've heard that this is a J-phenomenom, heard about other cases of it too...
I'm happy to say I have never been to that kind of J-party
Where the girls stripping down as well?