Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
whats her level of English? that school means nothing to me. is it considered good? Their Eng dept looks mediocre at best judging from the 5 or 6 Q&As they had posted.

can she hold a conversation in Eng mate?

CB - It's a pretty good school, the second best in Matsumoto, but it also has an 'English Course' where they have more and higher level English classes (similar to some of your thematic classes, for example, on environment issues). This has a separate entrance interview with a Japanese part, and an English interview - about things like what they have achieved in their school life at JHS.

This English Course is pretty hard to get into.
  • Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

I learnt things I know and things I don't know.

I learnt that Dave can sleep anywhere.

I learnt that my red snow pants come off over my boots.

I learnt that snickers are always good.

Heaven helps those who help dig.

Originally Posted By: AK 77
I learnt things I know and things I don't know.

I learnt that Dave can sleep anywhere.

I learnt that my red snow pants come off over my boots.

I learnt that snickers are always good.

Heaven helps those who help dig.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Questions:

Did Dave sleep in your tent?
Snickers are better than Kit Kats?
Were you wearing a pink T-shirt that says "Oxford"?

Heaven helps those who practise skiing.

Originally Posted By: Fattwins
thanks AK I have a starting point.
cb you cant compare a 30000 dollar school to a public one mate when it come to the education.

not always true. Nara public schools are the hardest to get into in Kansai, where as in Kyoto, it is the private schools that are harder just like Hyogo pref.

Actually, you cant compare it to my school cuz I teach here \:D :p

No overnight trips.

Kit-kats are lovely with a cup of tea (there is even talk that you can bit both ends of a stick and suck tea up through the wafer in the middle), but i'm afraid snickers (or Marathons, as they should be called) kick their ass outside.

Dave sleeps in the day. He is part cat.

I was wearing (at rest): Helly Hanson, Microfleece, mesh body, synthetic packable hooded insulator jacket, shell jacket, down bodywarmer.

No pink. But my boxers were light blue with silver mizutama all over.

Heaven helps those who do some work instead of piddling around on the internet all day.

PS> FT - I'll get you the low-down on the interview format / last year's questions tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: AK 77

Kit-kats are lovely with a cup of tea (there is even talk that you can bit both ends of a stick and suck tea up through the wafer in the middle)

In Oz its done with Tim-Tam biscuits. Its called a Tim-Tam slam. If you can suck up some coffee before the whole thing melts, you are considered a legend \:\) (in certain circles)

Tim-Tams are just Penguins in another guise. Can't say I've evr used a Kit Kat as a straw, but I remember doing it with a Cadbury's Spiral!! (not with tea though).

I agree AK, Snickers should still be called Marathons!! I like Twix with a cup of tea.

Originally Posted By: warhawk

In Oz its done with Tim-Tam biscuits. Its called a Tim-Tam slam. If you can suck up some coffee before the whole thing melts, you are considered a legend \:\) (in certain circles)

i can do that, it is quite easy.
ergo i am legend.

no, i am not will smith either.
 Originally Posted By: Ewok 2
good stuff ak.
cb, taz's definite or maybe?
haven't heard from him yet.

yup, talked with him last night, hes just checking one thing at school but said it shouldnt be a problem. Emailed Phatluv last night and made a reservation for him. So far, 3 of us in the car = much cheaper!! \:D

Thanks AK.

cb my students cant move to kyoto or nara now can they? the schools ranking within Japan is pretty good. If the kids do well they can get into most schools. Again it is up to the kids. My kids parents have an average family income of 3mill to 10 mill yen per year. Not much really for most of them. They arent going to pay for schools not even one of them.