• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use some program called 'divx converter' which I think is the replacement to dr divx which seems to work alright (but isn't very versatile)

why does your dr divx suck poo?

My Dr Divx seems to produce crap too. It used to work well but now the results are not so good - perhaps I played with too many of the settings and buggered it.

I changed some more settings and am trying to convert my movie again now but its telling be it will take abiout 30 hours.

there seem to be quite a few people here who know what they're talking about - so if someone could help me out that would be fab.

a mate has sent me a heap of footage saved as wmv (windows media video?) files. only thing is i've got a mac and can't open the damn things. i just want to be able to edit the footage in iMovie - is there a way of converting these files?

spook, download Windoze media player to be able to watch the files (actually there's another player which name escapes me that's supposed to be better... agh, can't recall it).

As for being able to save them in a different format to edit, hmmm, ask fjef. He should probably know. It must be possible to be able to convert the files somehow.

I think there's an i-movie mailing list on yahoo - you could also try asking there.

Sava,

Re: the Nikeko video

I just tried the new host name in winscp you suggested and got the same error message.

Any other suggestions for how I can transfer the file (600mb) to you?

FT

I could be firewalled, but I don't think that's the problem here.

For some reason, I'm unable to log in to winscp - the software that sava has suggested I use to transfer the video file to him.

There may be an issue with how NT does addressing, but I don't think it's likely.

you mentioned that you're switching to XP this afternoon, if that doesn't work, we'll switch to the old fashioned way of sending things

\:\)

if you are having trouble transferring lareg files, try Skype - file transfers work well through firewalls and speed is kwik.

To watch wmv files on a Mac, downloading the newest Windows Media Player for OS X is probably the easiest way. There are also lots of good OS X players out there that will open just about anything.

To convert video to be edited in iMovie, you need to convert it into a format that iMove reads, usually with Quick Time Pro - but there are lots of old formats and new formats so it helps to know what version of your OS, Quicktime and iMovie are. There are also lots of open sourse converters that are free and often make conversion simple...

Can try using skype when I get home tonight. I'm surprised that you can't connect to the server though and I'm not sure that it's a firewall problem because of this reaosn.

Will mail you later

• 2 weeks later...