• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, if ice hockey is condsidered a sport then why not curling. Gives us brits a chance of a medal.

For a Brit perspective on the winter olympics+ check out following.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/columnists/story/0,,1709047,00.html

Good to see that downhill and slalom is like the other sports that we Brits invented but are now shite!.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/turin2006/story/0,,1702719,00.html

curling should certainly be in! it is very complicated and requires a supreme level of communication and co-operation with fellow team mates/drinking buddies. has anyone ever been to a curling rink? it double as a saloon.

but yes it is certainly a sport. the key factor is that in the end, a winner can be unarguably determined.

unlike figure skating which is presumably determined by who ever is the prettiest. barf! yes it is difficult, it is impressive, and i certainly cannot do it, but it is not a sport!

I'm not saying that curling isn't a sport, cos I have not really seen enough of it to know. But, simply being complicated and requiring communication doesn't make something a sport. Arguing a case in a law court could be a sport by that definition (perhaps some lawyers think of it that way!) Daver, can you, or anyone else citing these as reasons give me some more reasons why it should be a sport?

Quote:
Originally posted by number9:
Haha, wanna get picky about what constitutes a "sport"?
http://www.stanford.edu/~sehealey/sport.html
Just his definitions BUT to call Baseball a sport is a complete joke and demonstrates the validity of this guys definitions. Its a hobby at best becos nothing happens and is only played by the fat kids and losers at school who could not play footy. Oh and it should be called rounders.

Bushy - gotta disagree with that (not the good looks).

I thought it was exciting. Down to the wire for a come behind win from the Ruskies.

I even think my heart skipped a beat on the last roll? slide? throw? pitch.....?

Bring it on. \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Kemuri:
Where's the physical effort in curling ? Its just like chess to me.

bring back baseball as an olympic sport.
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!, NEVER!... Rounders is not a sport!.

However, rounders on ice might have some appeal so maybe in the Winter Olympics it will be worth a stab. On the other hand....NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
Team Sledging should be an Olympic sport!
Then it's going to be Australia's, in perpetuity.

I'd like to see a mass start for the downhill. Thirty guys sprinting from the gate, lets see who gets across the line first.