Easy one that. Just after the crazy 4 or 5 days of snow early February. 4 of us went up to Kagura and got the first runs in. The snow was incredible, the crowds non-existant.

Hell, even the curry rice tasted good!

Quote:
Originally posted by Too Orangey For Crows:
Any that stick in the memory?

Mine was only half to do with snowboarding - up at Zao. Excellent weather, brilliant snow (30cm the night before), good friends.... and to top it off met my current g/f.

Can't get much better than that!
That's awesome! When you can find a significant other who shares your interests (especially snow interests!), that is special!

Your topic confused me. My birthday is 04/05 (april 5) lol \:\)

Best day I had this season was on Blackcomb Mt in Canaduh. It had been a horrendous season in the Coast Mts (and PNW of the US). Our first day of skiing was pretty sad. 2 days later (had to take a day off for absynthe (sp?) hangover), it DUMPED. Had a blast skiing the upper bowls and chutes on Blackcomb. I posted some pics about 2 months ago of this. AWESOME. I love Whistler!!

My best day was on whistler too. It was my second attempt at noboarding (riding bindingless with only a strap to hold on to). Because of the nature of the beast, you need pow to noboard, and it was in short supply last winter. My first attempt was during whiteout conditions, and i couldn't see where or how fast i was going. I didn't do too well.

On the last powder day in March, i set out to flute bowl. It was a warm, sunny day and i needed to get tracks before the snow got too heavy. I went about 100 feet past the gates, tied my strap (4 shoelaces knotted together) to my bindings, stood on the board, and did my first shakey turns. The board i used was an old burton 7 that has a unique rubber topsheet, so it provides a little traction. I never had done it on a real slope before, but i sorta got the hang after about 3 turns and started to do big turns, traversing across the hill. It was the craziest feeling ever, snowboarding without bindings. It was the best run in the past 5 years, much less the last one. Maybe the best ever.

And i made it all the way to the bottom without falling. I am still stoked.

Oyuki - I bet we were on the mountain on some of the same days. I was there from the 17th thru the 24th of March(I think - got some good herb there, so details are sketchy now \:D ). I was told it was the first real dump of the season - and it was pretty much near the end of the season.

My first 'snow riding' ever was down a local motocross hill in my hometown on a skateboard that I took the trucks off of. Waxed the crap out of the base with a candle and went for it. Didn't even know about snowboarding at the time. It was a 1st generation Tony Hawk board to be exact \:\) I still have that board with original trucks and wheels. It's beat to hell though.

I did stupid crap like this all through my childhood - no wonder my knees are so fooked \:D

I LOVE WHISTLER!!! Hell, I LOVE BRITISH COLUMBIA!!!! \:D

I also had a great day in Alyeska this year. Until 3pm hit - that's when my knee got all ouchie. Damn ice chunks sadglass.gif

March 4th, Zao. big powder day..off course all day long as it was such a big blizzard not many people around to tell on me or even care what I was doing. Great day!

Oooh, can't decide.

It was probably the day at Happo when I started when the lifts opened and went right through until the last run, well knackered. Got back to Tokyo for a really big party. Great day that was.

Kagura in Niigata. It was 2 days actually we took in Kagura/Tashiro/Naeba. Just the timing made it special. Mid-week, hardly anyone around, freshies each morning, decent weather the snow kept in good conditions throughout the day. Excellent.

My best weekend......Far and away my best 2days of the season were with Toque at Tsugaike. Sking lines that hadn’t been skied all year. Deep Powder, fast laps and no one yelling at us. The South facing snow pack was so stable. Best run of the day was cutting big arcs at insane speeds on a steep south face.

Next day getting caught was a blessing in disguise. Moved over to Happo and skied 5 deep long open lines. We just kept on the north facing, sheltered lines. Last run of the day getting a great open line and just calling it a day. Looking up from the parking lot and seeing 2 lines flowing out of nowhere. Just standing there with Toque in ah of the weekend.

Best line of the year was my last run at Cortina 50cms of fresh thigh to waist deep and ripping with my wife. Turning around and just watching her rip up the pow.

The first few times for me. It was such a relief to do something fun after the stress of the kuso-"E", was an exhilirating experience to be out there and feel good.

Probably a day with fairly bad weather actually, when most people seem to need to take shelter and hide from the snow bless them. It leaves the slopes almost empty for us.

I went to Gunma with 3 of my friends for 3 nights and we stayed nice hotel and had great times. It was good break from everyday life, even resort not so impressive compared some we really enjoyed it and have wonderful memory.