hey what do ya'll pack for snacks/lunch while on the mountain (or water, etc)?

I started out with power-bars, then realized it doesn't work too well in the cold. Then I moved on to calorie-mates, onigiri, and now use dried-fruit alot.

Some friends are always making ramen, looks good but you need a heavy stove for that..

I worked for Powerbar for about 7 years montoya \:D

Wish we could get the gels and Harvestbars here in Japan.

Basically same as you. Got a SOS avie kit and its got a H2O bladder in it so keep well hydrated...except when it freezes on me. Enjoy granola bars, onigiri, snickers.

Toque only keeps a bottle of Canadian Maple Syrup in his bag and puts it on snow

I am keen on cheese snacks - from cheesy snacks to even taking lumps of cheese.

Of course if resorts too more effort to cater for cheesefans, not only would it be good for their business and turn the industry around but it would mean we wouldn't need to stock up on cheese snacks before leaving home.

On ski trips, ALWAYS start the day with a BIG breakfast.

Carry a three litre hydration bladder and a mix of lollies and chocolate bars to snack on throughout the day. (Prefer not to stop for lunch these days - just continually snack and drink water.) thumbsup.gif

If it gets REALLY cold (like less than -18C) will grudgingly go in for a coffee/miso. ;\)

When I'm in the BC though if I'm starting the day from the tent it is usually with a Bagel and if cold then some hot soup.

Lunch is Bagel, snickers, M&Ms and maybe a big greesy Egg Sando with ham and cheese

Dinner is either Spagetti or Rice with Tuna and Vedgies

And I always try to drink at least 3 litres of water if it's hot out.

Bananas are NOT good to take with you! My backpack still smells from my Whistler trip. At least rotten banana doesn't smell that bad.

When I was younger, I wouldn't eat anything and just ski all day. I enjoy going in for lunch now. I absolutely LOVED getting miso ramen for lunch in Japan. Best damn ski lunch in the world if you ask me \:\)

Oh yeah, I've always carried copious amounts of water with me. I almost always wear a backpack (mostly for vid and camera equipment).

Quote:
until i found insect eggs / insects in a packet
Really?! eek.gif Hope you took them back!

I was just about to open a packet. I'm a little wary now.

I know this guy who goes up there with a bento his wife makes for him. Come 12 noon, he finds a snowseat, sits down and opens up his little plastic bento box with the carefully prepared contents and munches away. I always laugh at him. (And then I realise I wouldn't mind having what he's having.)

If I'm going somewhere and staying over I want an early breakfast but a good one. I really don't like it when a place is kechi with breakfast.

This year I actually had lunches more than I didn't and generally they were pretty good actually. The eating is part of the holiday for me.

I usually have a pig breakfast and carry with me on the slopes lots of chocolate.

I hate eating lunch, because it makes me feel heavy and sleepy. I can’t believe all these people that have kare rice for lunch.