Morning! Having just spent half my w/e on the train/bus getting to the slopes I've decided that I really need to live within walking distance. Since I will be leaving Japan before next season I'm hoping to do this in South America. Does anyone know the place for shithot snow & apres ski? I'm looking to work at a resort or teach English, not expecting big money, just board/chill out & most importantly no 5hr hellish train journeys. If you've done this before or can point me in the right direction it would be awesome. Cheers!

Yeah if it's South American and if you leave just before next Japanese ski season i.e. October, it's begining of spring there in South America. You have to wait for another half an year and will feel almost missing a season!!!!

Chile:

Pucon is a nice place to party, small ski resort on an active vulcano.

The best resorts in Chile are Termas del chillan and Portillo both are far away from anything. Most people going to these places stay there for the week. (parties included)

Valle Nevado and some smaller resorts are 'close' to Santiago. Santiago is a great city where a lot is going on any day of the week (but no real apresski).

Haven't been to Argentina but I heard real good stories about Bariloche. I guess that would be my bet.