Just when I thought I had decided on a new board (TT), the guys at Gentemstick have gone out and launched the Slasher ... a bit wider and longer.

http://www.gaucho.co.jp/item/gentnm01.html

What to do? Has anyone tried both boards and is willing to put their reputation on the line with a review?

I am looking for soemthing that is just as comfortable on the piste as in the powder, which I can use in far flung places from Australia to Japan, Europe and Iran. Have tried the TT before and was bowled over.

On another subject ... Iran. Anyone keen to go there snowboarding for a few weeks early next year?

Freddo

Freddo,

Many of my friends who rides TT now are all switching to DPT as it is much more forgiving in hard pack. I ride Burton Cascade 163 and it is also great in both pow and hard pack. I will ask some Gentem riders on Slasher and post it in this forum.

My buddy uses a TT and swears by it, was thinking of getting one myself in time for the new snow. Will have to take a look at this "Slasher" (not too sure about the name myself)

Iran - I was looking into the skiing there and it looks pretty sweet. The Shah built some pretty good resorts up in the mountains before he got kicked out and apparantly the powder is as plentiful as Utah according to the reports of a few foreigners who have been there.

No powderhounds, No patrol, loads of powder!

Sounds good to me - When do we leave?

don't get a wide board.

just don't.

you'll be scraping and stuttering down the

mountain.

wide boards, even slightly wide boards, just

don't turn as well. they also are not as

flexy.

[This message has been edited by barok (edited 10 May 2002).]

Have ridden, and both are lots of fun in powder. Not recommended for harder stuff.

They are basically the same board, except the Slasher has more surface area. Length, width, nose and tail are slightly bigger, but sole, shape and flex are all the same as the TT.

TT may be slightly more responsive, but the Slasher seemed to out-perform when slashing around on anything semi-vertical. (Hence the name...?)

My advice would be to select according to body weight. Over 75kgs, and the Slasher will probably suit best.

Thanks for the advice, one and all.

Thinking I might stay with my original pick (TT) ... even though the colour is not the best ... and even though I am over 75kg (but probably good advice Ben!)

Cheers. See all in Iran??

Freddo