What do you reckon?

There's a definite "price wall" to overcome before you can really take up the sport unlike many others. There's an image back in the UK that it's still expensive, although boarding has done a lot to change the image to some degree....but the costs remain.

Wondering what all you others think, and what the impressions are back in your country?

Maybe that's because originally they didn't cost the same, even if they do now. In my first year, I bought a pair of trousers and that was it - everything else was borrowed or begged or repurposed. Maybe that's more consistent with boarding culture than skiing culture. All the boarders I know were once skiers, and they're mostly of a make do and mend persuation that they didn't feel was appreciated by other skiers.

But boarding is still expensive, and my total personal finances have been rebuilt to meet the demands.

scouser, when I read your posts, I always read them with a scouse accent in mind. Do you have much recourse to glottal stops?

Does anybody else like Wolf Blass wine? Wolf has me a tad addled this evening.

Had my first Aussie Blass last weekend in Nagano, a fine drop for such cheap plonk!

As for the boarder culture thing, I think the worm is turning. The fashion seems to have gone out of ski wear, and is now buried most securely with the boarders. Don't be fooled by the dull colours. I bet most boarders fall squarely into the 'ten thousand yen for ripped jeans' category.

scouser, me gran (rest her soul) was from Birkenhead so we were often up that way. I'll have to try reading your posts with a slightly more BBC Northern accent then.

God my head hurts this morning. Wolf Blass (it's NOT plonk, it's top end to me on my snowboarding budget!}, Korean nigorizake, and happoshu don't mix well.

Thought I might be a scally like the Harry Enfield Scousers hey, lah? wink.gif

A bit north of the Pool, but still part of it, and proud to be.

Great place.

I'm not too sure it is. Of course we all want to play for cheap but Japan isn't too bad compared to other places. The stinger in Japan is the cost of transport and accommodation, which can get to be really expensive. But equipment can be bought cheap, and the tickets aren't so bad either.

That's what I think anyway,

R