We need more T-backs on Japanese slopes! Seeing one riding up ahead would certainly enliven the tedium of a slow lift ride. Goosebump cheeks anyone?

New for the 2003 season - water-resistant T-back with chalk bag loop.

Although I've heard of T-bars (always mentioned in a tone of rapt horror), I don't know what they are either. That would suggest they're not that common in Japan. Can anybody help out here by posting a photo of a T-bar? T-back photos welcome too (in combination with your tattoo if you like).

The horror! The horror!

Well, now I see. They might as well just stick a meat hook in your jaw and haul you kicking up the hill. Haven't run into one of those (even at Wada Toge!) and I hope I never do (although the slowness of the lift at Kirigamine feels like crucifixion).

Good on you durst, that was an education.

After that endorsement, I thought I'd register. I may well spend a bit more time on here. So much time to waste. Haha.

Anyway, here's some more from the durst library of antiques;

26.jpg

----

t-bar-1.jpg

----

t-bar-tool3.jpg

----

cannontbar.jpg

----

snowboard02-3.jpg

----

Glad to be in Japan????

Isn't a T-back just an american way of saying T-bar. Just guessing. . .

It looks like you've also got a picture of the dreaded nutcracker. Never used one meself. Anyone want to shed some light on that?

Matt, when you said "Isn't a T-back just an american way of saying T-bar. Just guessing. . ." I hope you were joking.

In case you're not, a T-back is what we Brits call a G-string. A T-bar does not make a good alternative ... although judging from durst's photos, there does seem to be a strongly suggestive element in their design.

That beastly looking thing that seems deliberately designed to be phallic must be for hooking over the cable, right? I can see some poor mug trying to clench it between his legs and getting dragged up the hill by his scrotum.

T-bars obviously don't go well with snowboarding, and a damn good thing too.