Is snowboarding or skiing your absolutely favorite thing?

How long have you been doing it?

At the end of my first season, I was distraught when the snow melted. Literally not a day went past until my first ride of my second season that I didn't think longly, achingly, of snowboarding.

It's not nearly so acute this year, although I still live for it. Oh yeah.

seeing as the number of deep powder days

is a mere fraction of the number of days

where I've had sex, I'd have to go with the

powder, although it's real close.

now both in the same day, that's something

I've never had . . .

Sorry, was a bit naughty, just found it bizarre, much as I love skiing (admittedly, I'm not a snowboarder, so perhaps my opinion would be different), that guys, in particular, would say it was their all time "favourite thing".

Never had both in the same day??? Barok??? What else is there to do when the ski towns all have dinner at 6, then a bath in a nice onsen and you're lucky if you can find a vending machine open after 9pm. There was one time in Niseko (when I went skiing w/o hubbie) and some friends and I spent at least an hour traipsing around trying to find a place that sold Otaru beer - to no avail.

[This message has been edited by Sharon (edited 18 May 2002).]

Yes, I think we can take the sex out of the equation, it goes without saying.

Before I took up skiing and the board, winter was my least favorite season too. But now it's by far the favorite.

Ah, but does it go without saying?

Would I spend an hour getting my kit together the night before, get up at 5 am, drive for two hours, pay 6,500 in tolls and tickets, just to get laid? Honestly, I wonder who would... Perhaps I'm too lazy, or not committed enough, or just too old?

But to be sure, a day's snowboarding certainly makes me feel pretty frisky. Before the drive home that is.

• 6 months later...

snomboarding is good but dj'ing is much better. i'm playing next at Yellow in tokyo on sat 30th november with Ko Kimura. When you spin at a club and the club goes off, it's the best chemical free buzz in the world. I LOVE boarding but .... you have you heard Robbie Rivera ' Rivera's Groove' played in front of 2000 clubbers???

snowboarding is good but dj'ing is much better. i'm playing next at Yellow in tokyo on sat 30th november with Ko Kimura. When you spin at a club and the club goes off, it's the best chemical free buzz in the world. I LOVE boarding but .... you have you heard Robbie Rivera ' Rivera's Groove' played in front of 2000 clubbers???

yes...powder and sex... can't really imagine many things better than that...how bout sex with someone that enjoys powder as much as you??

hey klubhead...what kind of stuff do you spin...i might be looking to party in tokyo on the 30th....

danz

This is not the first time I have had this conversation - Which is better Sex or Snowboarding? I like Ocean's reasoning. I think that thinking about sex is better than thinking about boarding, but actually going snowboarding is better than the actual act of sex.

to get back to the main topic....(and I have to agree, sex is better), but in a sports sense, I'd have to say surfing. I've evolved. You acutally have to have something in all months to do or you will go crazy. Oh yeah, and I love to ski too. Just this year I'm out for 3 months. 'jimmy down'. (sorry to you non-seinfeld watching people). I just bought some new K2 Extremes, twin tip, fatty-ass pow pow skis, and I just had to go and hurt my knee. So be it. I'm gonna learn to play the guitar while I'm down.

Hey Plucky, when you pluck your guitar you can sing this blues song;

Woke up this morning

My knee still sore as hell

I woke up this morning

Yeah my knee still sore as hell

I woulda gone skiing for sure

If I hadna screwed up and fell

That'll make you feel a lot better.

Hey, that's pretty clever.

Ocean, I'd like to invite you up to ski Aomori this winter. Maybe end of Feb or March. I'll pay your way. I make tons of dough here so it is no problem. We get the bullet up here on Dec 1. It would be an easy trip. Come on up buddy! You seem like a nice guy! Respond to this and I will give you my email. I know you can afford to take 2 or 3 days off to board Hakkoda or Hachimanti. This would be a hoot! We can take pics and film and you can be in my next movie!

Hell, I'll even jump on a board and go with you. That would be a blast! Skis be damned! Luckily I learned to board as a kid, so I should be alright.

let me know what you think!