I'm new here, this may have been covered before - if so sorry, couldn't see it - but anyone here with experience of resorts down under. I'm thinking of going down there, wondering if there was any first hand advice any one can give?

Many thanks, cool site, good to find it all.

Becky

Well i would have to pick Thredbo (nsw. Australia) As my favorite. the resort would be considered a world class one if it got more than the average 2m of snowfall a year. the terrain is definately awesome and is a wicked resort after a biiig dump (only happens once a season on average). but it is also one to leave till later in the season (aug. early sept.) when the coverage is there and you dont have to worry about troweling your shiny deck!!

Becky,

Try ski.com.au. You'll find heaps of information there - just dont post any threads asking which is the best resort - its been done to death. Check the archives, or wander through the snow talk forum.

For my two cents worth... Hotham for steeps, Perisher for maximum terrain. Thredbo for village atmosphere (sometimes dodgy snow coverage though).

yeah we had around 0.5m about 10 days ago over that weekend. wich was pretty cool. we have had a few trickles since then but nothing major to report of. lets keep our fingers crossed for opening weekend this weekend!!

As snowhaus said, check ski.com.au.

They have webcams at all the major resorts, plus accomodation guides

Another good site is snow.net.au. Run by a young guy called Ben.

If you post the question tho', you will end up with an all in fight. Everyone has their favourite resort (mine is Falls Creek). I guess you would get that if I asked what the best resort in .jp was.

Most of the resorts have their own websites.

For a heap of info on Falls Creek, look at Aussie Ski Bums website

If you are intending to come down, let us know and I am sure some-one willl gladly hook up with you for some snow.

[This message has been edited by Raury (edited 04 June 2002).]