Is there anything you REALLY don't like about skiing/boarding

Not really about the sport, but what's involved around it....

- the weather turning bad at weekends, just when I want to hit the hills;

- other people crowding hills I want to go on

Strapping in/out of snowboard bindings.

Getting up early.

My girlfriend moaning all day instead of just enjoying the snow.

Getting up is an everyday worry....at least when you're getting up to board, you have that to look forward to.

The strapping up is the worst part.

learn to strap in while standing up. problem solved.

teenage idiot snowboarders giving the rest of us a bad name. mad.gif

getting up early

the cost

trying to get time off work (8 weeks notice required, mad.gif again)

Riding the lift bores me stupid, and that's a big problem because a significant part of the day is spent sitting on the lift.

Also, I hate driving home without having an onsen and getting changed first. Sometimes the Suwa boys make rash promises to their wives about being home in time for dinner.

Waiting in line to get on a lift which can be 20 minutes at some places on certain weekends during the season. Also digging myself out of deep powder rates up there, although I'd take the later over the former any time.

1. having to travel so far to get to the snow!

2. loser lifties/ski patrol in Australia that think they own the resort and think they can tell you what to do!

3. yeah the cost would have to be in there as well, but i do think its part of the fun, having to part with bucketloads of your hard earned to do the best thing on earth!!

Luckily most people in Japan are not too far from some resorts, so the travel distance problem is less than maybe other countries. Depends on where you live of course. Travel costs a lot though, thats the big problem here.

I don't agree with you there. I'd say resorts outside Japan are more crowded at the weekends than resorts here (speaking for Hakuba anyway) from my experience in the Alps and Scotland