Dear All (who are missing white stuff already):

As many of you know, SSAWS in CHIBA close down in the end of September.(Pretty shame!)

-> See the article http://www.skijapanguide.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001198.html

One day, a SJG reader and also the girl who I hang out on the slopes last season, sent me an E-mail said,

"I may go to SSAWS sometime this summer before it closes down... (I'm missing the white stuff already, so)" Then I’ve got some funny idea.

Perhaps, some SJG readers, who start to miss "White Stuff", can gather in SSAWS (maybe on Saturday) to have "Summer-ride day." (Maybe drinking session after riding, huh?)

It’s really interesting to see that many gaijins hang out in SSAWS one weekend. And

say good-bye to SSAWS...

Just an idea.

Any comment, welcome.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds cool...but boarders and skiers get split up at sswass, right??

i'd be up for the drink-up afterwards...was planning on heading to sswass the summer meself...

danz

Yeah I'm cool with Sep 14th. It will be fun to check out Tokyo.

As for me, I'm going to be . .

The best damn English Teacher I can be biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

That's my job, but I'm really just coming to

snowboard.

[This message has been edited by barok (edited 11 June 2002).]

[This message has been edited by barok (edited 11 June 2002).]

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't hold out until sept...

I can't imagine a better way to spend a disgustingly hot august day than to be in a the world's largest freezer...

how about a mid-summer trip to sswass as well??

danz

• 5 weeks later...

Nat

Haven't seen you in a while! Has Kuma left us for sunny (!) Finland?

I would probably be in for that! Keep me in the loop... I haven't been before, but isn't it divided into times (boarders in the am, skiers in the pm?) if it is morning, probably got no chance of getting up on time!

Belle

The am/pm thing depends what day you go on, but a half day at an indoor place for the price of a full day outdoors, makes it an exceptionally pricey option. I think I'll just sweat it out.

time-table01.gif

Looks like it's boarders in the arvo belle... wiv ickle blue ears.

Hi Belle! Genki?

Mr. Teddy went back to Finland for 5days then came back to Japan. But he gonna go to Fin again for not only sunny weather but also cool air (!) and Sauna (!!), then come back to humid Japan again in August I think.

Am going for Saturday afternoon session ( I hate to wake up early morning in summer, I can do only in winter...)with emi and kuma and my friends from Europe.

My friends and I gonna meet up in Tokyo sta. around 1.00pm then haveing lovely lunch then head down to SSAWS.

It might be fun to get together again.

Nat