Hit Mt. Fuji yesterday under perfect conditions - totally blue skies, warm, and no wind. First time to the top. Brought the skis and had about 800m of skiing from the top. Great conditions but getting thin. Hike up was 6 hrs and down 2 hrs with the skiing. Long day all in all but well worth it. Wish I hit it a few weeks ago. Hope to have a few pictures on the reader's gallery.

Teleskier and you other Fujiriders - when does the snow actually disappear from up there. I was surprised to see so much even now.

I started from the Gotenba trail. I took the Tomei Expressway and got off Gotenba. Then just drove toward Fuji and there is a sign for Mt. Fuji. That sign leads you to the Gotenba Trail. It is about a 10km ride from the Highway to the base where you start hiking there. From my understanding the more northern side of the mountain if quite a bit more popular for hiking. Not real sure about that one though. Hope this helps.

Started way back with hiking my alpine equipment up to Tuckerman Ravine in New Hampshire. I wanted something lighter to carry instead of the dreaded Lange boots at the time. Saw people telemarking so thought - lets give this a try. So back then it was leather boots and skinny skis with metal edges. Today it has come full circle with Scarpa hard plastic tele boots with a pair of K2 AK Launchers mounted. Not sure if I'm saving much weight now but I sure am hooked.

hey teleskier...

where abouts are you from...

I tried doing tucks 3 yrs in a row only to be foiled by that crazy mt. washington weather...

kind of miss that east coast skiing in a twisted way...

danz

• 2 weeks later...