If you could have a free season pass to one resort.....

well...

i guess it would have to be Hunter mtn. for me, only cause its the closest mtn. to me...

(read: I don't have to spend a fortune to get there, and don't need to make a weekend trip out of it either...)

danz

are we also being restricted to japan??

DREAM: BlackComb/Whistler (sekkai version)

not sure...not enough experience...

so have to go Nozawa (japan version)

REALITY: Hunter Mtn...(japan version)

danz

Dream : The Vail, Colorado (Out side Japan is okay? or not... )

Reality: Kagura/Mitsumata/Tashiro

P.S.

Dream in Japan: Niseko

[This message has been edited by Nat (edited 11 June 2002).]

Dream - season pass for the whole Hakuba valley (Why oh why don't they have one??)

reality - Snowbirds club season pass for Hakuba47/goryu and morau ken tickets for the afternoons at the other Hakuba resorts

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you're registered as having been living in Hakuba for a while or work for one of the lodges, you can't buy a Happo season pass. For the people who do qualify, it's just under 60,000. Reality in Hakuba means one of the other resorts, most of whom sell season tickets. Iwatake's was 30,000 before last season started, though their season ends earlier than the others in the first week of April.

There have been rumours of a season pass version of the two-day Super7 Hakuba Valley pass coming on sale next season. A former editor of the Japanese Ski Journal mag also wrote in the Hakuba Shimbun (one page a week) recently that the fourteen lift companies involved were all positive about the idea (tatemae?). The article also said that the resorts spent a huge sum (100 million yen) on running shuttle buses, and that this could probably be reduced by outsourcing or through increased cooperation between the resorts.

The rumours I heard mentioned a figure in the region of 70,000 to 80,000 as the potential cost of the Hakuba Valley pass. Expensive, but still cheaper than Niseko's used to be (87,000).