Went up to Mt. Tateyama via the Karobe Alpine route on Monday and did some skiing/camping. Drove to the Karobe Alpine route and paid for a trip to the Marudo Plateau and back (somewhat pricey at Y8,500)) but well worth it. The ride to Marudo is pretty sweet by bus, walking, cable car, ropeway, and another bus. Took two hours to get up there. After getting the lay of the land in Marudo - we set off for the Summit of Tateyama. Great hike and it didn't take too long - 1.5hrs. The view from the top was excellent - could see much of the Alps as well as Mt. Fuji. From there skied almost from the summit down a pretty long chute - I'm guessing 450m long of vertical. Wonderful snow with the perfect amount of softness. The top of the chute was pretty steep - I'd say close to 45° or so. Just enough to get the heart pumping. Skied a few more runs on Monday and went to bed content. Woke up Tuesday to pouring rain and decided to pack up the tents and head on back home. All in all a great trip. I'll try and send a few photos in the reader's gallery. I'd say a few more weeks of good skiing up there and I'd highly recommend a visit there if you have never been.

You are the spring/summer skiing-meister aren't you TeleSkier. It's great to hear that you found some wonderful snow. Where's the LAST place you can go in a season?