1. 1. Do you like polls?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful terrain, thanks for the photos. Looks like endless biglines there.

Kinda wonder how far we could skin up on splitboard, feels like we'd need boot-crampons for the more icy parts.

i have room for 200 more mbs toque.

Montoya crampons would be nice but it depends on where you want to start from. you dont need crampons or ropes for all of the lines there. some yes some no.

Those big mountain guys got up high very fast.

Beautiful pictures guys, thanks for sharing.

As for the sleeping bags, if I understand correctly they have temp ratings nowadays. 1,2, etc... I will buy a good one next year. It is tough when can't sleep 'cos it too cold. I remember camping in the summer next to a mountain stream back home, couldn't sleep the whole night, was too freaking cold. When I got out of the tent in the morning, I realized I could not hear the stream anymore... it had frozen solid. I figure temps must have gone down seriously low for running water to freeze solid. Although the altitude was around 2800m, I was surprised that temps could go so low in the middle of the summer. So if in doubt, always go for too many layers than too few.

So, what was Toque's secret for staying toasty warm?

I have had many cold nights in the mountains.

In the summer I just use my outer bag which is rated for tropical use. But it's light and I wear my longjohns and use my down jack inside as a blanket. It works.

But for this trip I used my just washed -12 down bag and my outer bag. Not hot. Just real nice.

Fattwins booting up the icy ridge.

I like this picture because in the summer time I made a bet with my friend that I could get down this section of trail in 15 minutes. It took 20 but it was a really dusty, steep, loose, busy and easy walk. Now it's a don't slip scramble.

blpic39584.jpg

VEEEEEEERY nice! I'm jealous.

(A warmer bag will help, but also need a good quality mat and keeping your head covered - beanie.)

Hope you 'blokes' slept feet to shoulders?

;\)

I have a great matt that wasnt the problem, the problem was with the bag. I had a bag that was 0 to -2 or -3 but the temps dropped too much over nite. this time I have a really warm bag. Im gonna sleep like a baby for sure.