hey cliff...

don't know much about snowboarding...but for skiing i can help you out...

bindings are kind of like your life-line...it is the device that either keeps you on your skiis, or bails you out when things get hairy...bad bindings are likely to release when you don't want too, or keep you locked in when you should be out...these can make for very dangerous situations...

as for performance issues, they also can make a difference...newer generation bindings are really fancy these days with extra pivots and such to interfere less with the flex of the ski...some of them are used to actually stiffen the ski more...and some have variable switches to accomplish both...

basically, boots and skiis are going to have more of an impact on how you turn, and your bindings will have more of an impact on how long you can turn (read: torn acl v. happy knees)

hope that helps...

danz

• 4 weeks later...

I missed this one. Yes good bindings do make a difference, and you'll notice it more if you are a jozu rider. Always get as good equipment as you can.

That's all, as my previous boss used to say ALL THE TIME

Good snowboard bindings are more comfortable and less constrictive meaning warmer feet and less pain. They are also more responsive meaning better turns and generally last longer. Its worth it!

• 2 weeks later...