Agreed on the Spain game, BUT....

"US outplayed Germany and lose"

"All because of some bad calls by the refs"

And what game where you watching doggy-style? Surely not the USA Germany quarter final where Germany beat the USA fairly?

Yeah. I was watching the USA-Germany Quarterfinal. Were you watching the same game? Or did you not notice the handball that went un-noticed? Read this article and maybe you'll see what a well know public German figure had to say after watching the game

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/world/2002/world_cup/news/2002/06/22/germany_beckenbauer_rb/

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/en/020621/1/16lj.html

and tell me if it's "fair" or "luck"?

[This message has been edited by doggy-style (edited 23 June 2002).]

I certainly was watching doggy-style - from a totally objective point of view.

As you will know if you check up on recent soccer history, Beckenbauer is a bitter man who thrives on bad mouthing his old colleagues whenever he can for a number of reasons. That fact certainly comes through in that CNN interview.

The refereeing in that US German game was far far less controversial than some of the other incidencts over the last few weeks.

Germany certainly aren't playing classic German soccer, but the fact is they are through.

The reality sucks hey?

yeah reality sucks.

like when you wake up and look in the mirror every morning.

i was just trying to make a point that there was one bad call and hey yeah maybe it was karma that it had happened in favor to the US vs Mexico and they were due for a call against them.

where are you from anyway?

Yes, I think we get the message that you think that the USA should have had a penalty - which lets be clear they could have missed even if they had got it awared.

Mr B also mentioned in that second interview you posted that they would have probably lost if they had been playing a stronger opponent.

The USA lost. You're not the only one that thinks they had a bad deal. That's soccer. They did well considering. Live with it.

From?

Originally Ohio, lived in London for 3 years, and now based in HK often visiting Tokyo on business.

How about you, doggy-style? Sweet name by the way!

You're right...

Anyway. I'm from California and have been living in Japan for almost 3 years.

Oh, the name I tried to come up with an original name for an aerial trick for snowboarding but 'doggy-air' didn't sound so right to me.. and 'doggy-style' has a familiar ring to it

There's been a lot of decisions that have been interesting to say the least this time. I always can't understand why on earth they don't have a video referee like in rugby where any ???? can be sorted out with video evidence there and then on the spot. It makes so much sense.

Did anyone else see the VERY dodgy no-goal call by the ref in the Spain vs Korea match.

If they do have video reffing in rugby as you say scouser, then why the heck don't they use it in soccer?