For those of you wondering if there is powder down here... 20 ft. in one month! Hope you can ski and ride some Southamerican powder after the World Cup! Go for Marte!!

martedesdelejos.jpg

martelift.jpg

sillamarte.jpg

losfosiles2.jpg

[This message has been edited by camel (edited 26 June 2002).]

hey oo, the first three are from the Marte chirlift. That chair accesses the back side of the mountain.

And the last pic is from the front side.

Here two more detailed pictures of Marte and Eduardo´s Couloir.

martelift2.jpg

eduardoscouloir.jpg

[This message has been edited by camel (edited 26 June 2002).]

That's real mountains that people are riding on there. Don't seem to be many tree runs ... can't see much in the way of route markers either. Certainly looks a lot different from Japan.

There seems to be some trick of perspective going on here. In the second picture from the top, the slopes look almost perpendicular, like the Alaskan mountains you see poor fools boarding down in the videos. But the top picture shows the slopes to be just very steep (to my eyes anyway).

This is all 'off-piste' right, no grooming? Does it snow every night? Is there sloppy curry rice available?

Thanks camel, this is interesting stuff...Now have you got any photos of the girls that you were talking up a storm about earlier?

From June to late August you´ll find the driest and deepest powder. From September to early October expect spring-like conditions.

Las Lenas is located in the heart of the Andes, all-above the tree line.

Luckily there are no crowds down here, and as locals don´t ski/ride off-piste you will find untracked deep powder for days.

You should consider coming down here sometime.

Lifts up to 3500m. Wow! Even the bottom (2600m) is way higher than the top of practically every Japanese resort. Must get pretty cold on those chairs. Is it windy?

If they'd only build them up to 3000m here. I bet there are loads of construction companies willing to put some more concrete in the hills.

Las Lenas is dope, but from what I hear it's kinda hit-or miss.

That Marte Chair climbs 3000 ft (insane) , and there is endless terrain to be got, but i've heard they shut it down in harsh weather conditions (which happes quite often on a mountain that high)

From what I've heard, you have to spend 2 weeks in order to get the real goods,

camel ? ?

In my hometown, the polar bears have learned how to knock on doors from watching people.

So we are all very afraid of the bears.

Many people have taken to bringing a gun to answer the door.

It is the worst luck.

Excuse me Mr Ocean 11-san.

Do you have something against our nutritious friend, cheese? I think the cheese threads and discussions on the forum have added a lot of value.

Most of us are better off because of cheese - apart from the nutritional value of the "Great Foodstuff", just think of all the fun people have had because of cheese. At parties, at home, all sorts of situations, to name just a few.

Perhaps we could have a Cheese of the Month thread started each month. Now theres an idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...