Not been. Always had better things to do in Nozzle. But if I went off-season I'd have a look. Always good to see people from the olden days doing extreme sports in their tweed jackets and bloomers.

There are a few interesting artifacts to be found on display around the resort, like old wooden skis, gondolas and stuff. There are still quite a few actual skiers left at Nozzle too, remarkably enough.

I don't know about any cheese museums, but in Asuka in Nara Prefecture, you can eat cheese made according to an ancient Japanese recipe (that was before they threw away all their cows and started eating fish instead. Fish don't make good cheese.) It's not bad cheese either.

It's worth a 30 minute visit when you are in Nozawa. They have some interesting old wooden skis and "equipment" to show off as well as some photos of way back. They got huge amounts of snow back then.

• 2 weeks later...

We went there when we were in Japan this last winter. It was fun to see all the old photos.

It is interesting, but I don't think that it is worth a trip just to see it - just go if you have half an hour when you are in Nozawa for a bit more of the culture.