Forgetting the questionable practices of some of the resorts, as you so rightly pointed out - don't you think that most skiers and snowboarders get along just fine and this is a non-issue. My skiing friends may go to do their stuff on different slopes - MOGULS! - but we have lunch together, then check out onsen and all the other things that go to make up a great day.

Just don't try to take the lift together, that's all.

My last girlfriend was a skier, and we did runs together, no probs. Sometimes I was in fornt, other times she was in front.

I have friends who are telemarkers, alpine skiers, whatever, we all love the snow.

I think the license thing is prety harsh, but then I have this dream of going BC to Taos (US resort that banned boarders), boarding into the village and then catch the bus out smile.gif. What can they do, ban me? biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Good friends. My bunch of people is usually made up of 3 skiers and 5 snowboarders. We don't have any problems - it's good to talk about each others preferences etc, makes for an interesting day.

Recently went for a long weekend with a large group of friends (about 5 boarders and 25 skiers). No problems at all.

The skiers are aware of boarder issues and the boarders are aware of skiers issues.

We work around those and have a great time.