Do you mean some kind of lock to prevent people from nikkin'em while your feeding your face or taking a slash-break?

I've never seen any - people just seem to leave their boards and skis outside. Being from where I'm from (?), I tend to put mine at the back out of the way......

Most places have inadequate racks, and so you either lock your gear to that, or to your mates' gear.

There's a thread on hear somewhere about gear getting nicked, but it's not quite Liverpool yet. scouser, you actually get off your board to take a leak??

[This message has been edited by Ocean11 (edited 06 July 2002).]

Then why do you always hear those announcements at resorts that go "We have a customer here who is very upset. His snowboard, which is red and is plastered with stickers, has been taken accidently. If you have accidently taken this snowboard, kindly go to the ski patrol office"? There are similar announcements each time for skis and stocks too.

If that isn't evidence of pilfering, I can only conclude that people in this country are exceedingly absent minded. "Wait a minute, my snowboard is blue with only one sticker on it. Oh here's mine on my rack. This one that I put next to it and drove off with must be somebody else's..."