Thats what I've heard them saying every year as well LiquidX. But there's nothing in it I reckon. Let's just wait for it to cool down. I'd rather have a decent longer season than just more snow in a shorter period.

Not.

I had a moderately heavy night out last night and consequently was sprawled in my libingu in a state of partial undress at 3 pm today, and found sleep impossible due to the chill factor. I had to put on some trousers.

I'm going to go out for a run tonight, and I fully anticipate getting a runny nose from the cool air.

Can't crumble though, eh?

Urgent bulletin from Nagano - it's cold.

I have chilly toes as I type this - no socks on today, but yesterday they were very necessary. Also a summer futon and summer blanket are not enough at night.

If it continues like this, there should be snow in late October. But will it continue??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is just from a Japanese friend right, so no need to get excited. They told me last night that they had heard (from a friend of the dogs \:\) ) that the 3 month forecast for Oct/Nov/Dec is a mild October, then a cold Nov/Dec (with more than average snow on the Japan Sea side).

Just thought I'd pass on the hopeful semi-'news'.

rach

It's still very early, but you can check out a long-range forecast here on Weather Eye (Japanese) Click on the three month forecast for the goodness.

They say temperatures and precipitation look like "normal", though "normal" in the snowy regions means lots of snowy days. Last year's long-range forecast was for a mild winter, and while there were some big falls, it proved to be correct.