I have read in a few places about the Japanesel liking a drink - and on the hills too.. almost as if it were more a part of the day as some serious downhill time? Is that right or what - are they all a bunch of hiss-heads out there?

I hope neither of you are implying that a drink on the mountain be a bad thing?

Nothing like a shot of Whiskey or heavily caffine laced liquer to warm you up on the ride up the lift!

Besides, beats smoking on the lift right?!

[This message has been edited by mogski (edited 22 August 2002).]

I'd have to say one of my fondest memories of skiing here so far are taking down a few Asahi talls on the way up the Happo gondola at 9am on April Fools Day. Back home I have been known to hike a 12 pack up to Tuckerman's in New Hampshire on Mt. Washington. If anyone has been there - it is probably the best place I have ever had a beer. Also provides a little liquid courage as well. Not a bad thing most of the time.

I think we should give them a break on this. Think about it:

Japanese drinking in cafe = less crowded slopes for us

And if thats how some people enjoy themselves, then hey, good for them!

I'm a danger to myself boarding after I've been drinking. That was one of the reasons I smacked my head so often when starting out. Apart from a quick nip from my flask now and then, I only drink water on the hill.

i never have to drink alcohol during the day, ther's still plenty of it from the night before in my brain...

but mort, compare to europe, japanese people are sober when boarding!

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Hey ivo - just noticed your name, how's it going? Coming back to Japan this winter?

no, japan is too expensive to come every year, since i have my own apartement i'm anyway runing out of money all the time...