But if your issue works, can we ask e.g. Mcdonalds to pay our money back if we felt what we eat is so damn crap? Probably works only when there's some clear terms and conditions for it like Fattwins says.

Friends went to Noz on a bad day and demanded their money back because the snow quality wasn't to their liking. They got their money back. It's probably worth it for the management to keep the punters happy and coming back. But I don't approve of that sort of thing. Resorts don't generally guarantee the snow conditions because they can't.

However, I once went to Happo in early season and huge areas of it were roped off, and only a few lifts were running. They had a 1,000 yen discount that day, but it was not proportional to what was closed. And at the ticket counter there was no board saying "BTW, we're mostly closed today".

I reckon you should forgive them the snow quality, but not failure to post relevant info.

a few years back fernie in canada had a "no questions asked" refund policy within 1 hour if you weren't happy with the snow qaulity - maybe thats what FT is talking about?

I dunno, I wasn't there. I did my homework and was riding creamy powder much closer to home that day. But I doubt they caused a fuss at all. Just rolled up with that customary air of entitlement...

> I'll have to remember it!

I didn't post that anecdote as an incitement to more of the same.

Noz provides 4 or 5 webcams, so you can see what you're going to get if you bother to look.

One of my best mates and I were stuck on a lift, in a blizzard, at Saioto Utopia in Hiroshima like 5 years ago, for almost an hour and a half. When we finally got off the lift all they had for us was a coupon for one small coffee.

We went into the admin office and asked for a coupon to make up for the lost time on the lift which we paid for. They said that wasnt their style. More conversation and complaints followed by them finally giving up and we got 4 day passes - all we wanted in the beginning was what we lost confused.gif lol.gif

There was this one time at band camp..... \:D

nah, one day at Treble Cone, i managed to `do` me shoulder on tha first run. Of course, i went up again, but couldn`t handle tha pain, so i side-slipped all tha way down to ski patrol to get it checked out.

management didn`t even hesitate to give me money back- i didn`t have to ask! peolpe just have to be sensible and do whats in tha best interests of tha punter- isn`t tha customer always right???

i don`t think it`s right that peeps DEMAND stuff if they`re not happy with something..imo

n.b. tha money went straight over tha bar at tha cafeteria. anybody who sat next to me got a beer, (my mates were out riding) i even bought a cuppla mormons a hot chocy \:\) win/win if ya ask me :p

I asked a few J-friends last night and they were shocked at the people going for their money back. No real surprise there possibly, but I don't think I could do it either esp. over something like quality of snow

The only time I'd ask for money back at a resort is if I went up there and parts were closed and I wasn't told that.

What do they do in the case where strong winds start up at 10am and the lifts have to stop? Money back for everyone?

Has anyone ever demanded money back in a restaurant. I have once. It was a dreadful meal, turning me into mild-mannered cheeseman into an outraged cheesemonster. They gave us our money back and invited us back for a free meal. When we eventually went, it was actually quite good. (This was in the UK)

• 4 months later...