I had a dream last night.

It snowed 50cm in Tokyo one night in mid November.

People started boarding and skiing down the hills from Tokyo Tower (which suddenly seemed to get much steeper).

Traffic was stopped and the area became a free resort.

They even quickly build a primitive teleport lift system (like the one at Wada).

Surely a good sign for the new season.

Snigger, mogski doesn't know what a 'teleporter' is...

Alright know-nothing, there are basically two kinds.

There's the chamber style (looks similar to a Parisian automated rest-room), and the gateway style. The first kind is very safe and controlled - you skate into it, and it zaps you up to the top of the hill where you skate out. One at a time, but quickly.

With the latter you just bomb through a gateway, and 'bamb', you're at the top and still moving. This style has led to heart-attacks among elderly patrons, caused by surprise and exhaustion, and also nasty mix-ups involving snowboarders coming out fixed to skis.

Rumour has it that Wada Toge is introducing a uniquely Japanese 'Docodemo Door', that also handles transport to and from your home (specifically, your toilet is what I heard).

I correct you there Ocean, I am familiar with the intergalactic teleporter that mere human beings may not be so familiar with! It is only high tech and believable teleporters such as these do I trust!

It is time for me to move to winter of 2050! I shall report on the future of our beloved sliding sports on my return!

Captain, ready to go....

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Shivering in bed this morning, I too had a snow dream. I rode my bike round a turn in the road, and there was a mountain, with patches of snow all over, right down to the road. Not very good snow mind, but a good, early start.

Got to report.

I had a similar dream last night.

Another 40cm.

This time, Yokohama was getting into the snow business.

But anyway, the big news was the biggest powder fall ever this coming season. And it always fell overnight, with clear blue skies going on in the day.

Good dreamin.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently had my own, all to meself.

There was no snow at Whistler, but Las Vegas had a meter, and one of the hotels adapted by making a 800 meter mega-slope with steeps of over 35d at the top right in front of the hotel. It lasted 4 months.

I woke up.