Hello,

Anyone out there use the RIDE Team model binding? I am about to have a pair brought back to Japan and wanted some feedback (yea or nea). I have always used Burton top 'o line stuff, but thought I would try out the competition.

Also, it is probably a bit too early for anyone to have tried yet, but I'll ask anyway... how about Burton's new P1 HD (or MD)? Anyone have a chance to try it out yet? How about Burton's C14?

Any comments from riders with experience using both of these brands (within the last couple of years please) would be appreciated.

I have been riding Teams for the last two years (both the 00-01 & 01-02 models) and absolutely love them. All the Ride bindings had a problem in 00-01 with the plates bending after 30 or so days of hard riding but that was totally fixed with better plates last year. Ride is a totally cool company too. They sent me the 01-02s free because I bent both the plates on the 00-01s.

I have also run Silence, Drake F60, and Tech Nine bindings. I even prefer the Ride LXs my buddy has on his board to any of those. The thing that is so great is the huge comfy straps. The Burton straps seem kinda weak, although I have never tried them so I don't know for sure.

Anyone one else love the bindings you are running?

Me again... I've actually been using Burton's CFX 98-99 model up thru last year (about 20~30 days a season of hard riding). They've been great! I've replaced a few minor parts (only because I failed to check the "tightness" of the screws as the day went on... lost one). The screws do tend to come loose with hard riding, but I imagine any would (?) As long as you check them occasionally and carry a tool to tighten them, no problem. The plastic "tongue" generally needs to be replaced every season, but at about 250yen each, I haven't really had to dip into the savings...

good to hear about the RIDE Team bindings... either way, I'll be trying them out. I need to find out where the Burton demo days are being held this year... any idea?

As for FLOW bindings, there is a lot of hype about em and I do see a number of people running them. From what I hear it is a good alternative for the person that wants the ease of a step in with the feel of a strap...but they really only work well if you run them with FLOW boots. Other boots don't fit quite as well. Personally I have never had a problem taking the 4 seconds to strap in IF I don't strap in on the chair. Plus I think its damn fun to come down a really steep exit ramp on one foot.

Point taken about the Flow bindings going best with the Flow boots. But i think the same can be said about most boot/binding combinations. I use Flow boots with the Flow bindings and swear by them. Not that many people over here in Australia use them.

Using the Flow's I feel like I'm getting the most support out of all of the bindings i have tried. Bu thats just me! \:D

Cheers

The 03 burton and ride bindings are both great, yet pretty comprable, the diffrence hear is that aluminum bends and nylon/composites break... As far as breaking is concerned every binding and every board is subject to it and just because one of your friends broke this or that on one companys equipment doesn't mean the whole line is bunk. If your looking for a strap binding the very best and still yet to blow up is the Nidecker 860 pro, if any of you get a chance to ride these you'll feel why. The strap binding market has become very stagnet with the mine feild of patens going around these days, in my opionon they are all relatively the same (give or take) except for the nideckers. the reason being is the natural shape of the carbon high back (carbon backs are a huge player in calf bite)which curves anitomical to your legs (curves inside), and the LDS (something like that) pad that is found under the chassy and makes this binding ride like a cadillac... The flow is a great binding and it dose offer more support toe side (varying on the strp you have) than traditional strap bindings however the backs did give me a bit of calf bite. Other than that they worked well with all the boots I used them with

I mainly rode the Fl39's, which where the all carbon(base and chassey)models... These I would have to say are the stiffest bindings on the market and not for everyone. The lower models seemed to have less calf bite but still a problem. When I used to be an R&D rider for flow I addressed this problem but to no aval, so I modfied them myself. What you can do is go to a local ski shop (I dont know who or where in japan being that I wont be arriving until the first week of nov) and get some self adhesive boot fitting foam and horse shoe it around the top of the back. With some additional shaving (of the foam) you should be able to eliviate most if not all of the calf bite... I could sent you a digram if you intrested... Anyway this problem occurs on on the models due to the engineering of the binding, the cable that doesn't realy flex(regardless of how soft of a back) as well as the half sphere shape on the top of the high back. I hope this helps..?

Wow oddis, sounds like you know your shit. What's your story? Been ridin a while?

As for the Nidecker's, my buddy rides them and swears by em. Interestingly though, he wears the toe straps across the front of the toe (pushing the heel back into the cup). Anyone else tried that?

I dont know anyone who does that with the nideckers or any binding for that matter...proper entry into the binding: putting the ball of your foot down and then sliding your heal smoothly aganst the high back, then tightning your ankle strap first: almost always locks you down tight. However the nideckers do have a very tight heel cup and if your friend is trying to slide a wider boot(vans,forum...ect) from front to back rather up to down he might need the extra tourque from the ratchet...hmmm I ve broken my toe strap on those binding a couple of times and rode the rest of the day with out one, so I know he could ride with out its support but i would hate to wash out on a toe side carve becuase of my strap bieng there..? As far as me....well started riding about 6-7 years ago and quickly became part of the "industry" which has lead me all over the world but currently residing in tahoe where I'm getting tired of the scene.... I've always been interested in japan so I'm making the move in november...I need some culture...ha.. anyhow it will be hard going from 200+ days a year to (hopefully not) weekend warrior status while in japan... Now just trying to get some local knowledge...from all of you