Quote:
Originally posted by 7-11:
Wanna pay for them as well?
It would seem in this country that even if a road is paid for you still end up paying for the use of it anyway, so not paying for them would seem like not a choice.
Therefore do I wanna pay for them; No.

Do I have to pay for them; Yes.

Do I wanna feel better in myself when I pay for these roads; Yes, so destroying them doesn't really hurt me as I know that my money will actually be used for something constructive.(eg. Traffic Jam creating road works on a Saturday morning or Sunday evening on Kanetsu!)

Besides you can get rubber snowchains these days that don't damage the road or your tyres.

Get the 'studless' and be safe. If you only use your car at the weekend, they last a very long time anyway. If you get in an accident in the winter, even in a big, warm city and you don't have winter tyres on, they'll treat you like a (worse) criminal. Usually, you don't have time to put on your chains before impact.

Also, if you use the highway with summer tyres, you WILL be stopped by a glum bustard in very heavy yellow waterproofs, who will order you to the side of the road to put on your snowchains some 100 km from the slopes, whether or not there's actually snow settled on the road (and there NEVER is). If that's what you like to do at dawn on a cold highway, fine. The Suwa boys will wave to you from the coffee and brandy scented fug of our v-hickle as we tool on by. You will limp up to the slopes going da-dum-da-dum-da-dum, arriving at 9:30 while we have already covered the pow in tracks and curious yellow holes. :p

So you wanna wreck roads then mogski? I'm shocked! ;\)

My friends (who usually take me out) have tyres. Chains sound awful screeching away, they must really damage the roads..

It's just like...when I say a road I feel all angry inside at the world I am in! I FEEL I HAVE TO ATTACK IT! TO BEAT IT UP! TO MAKE IT PAY FOR ALL THE ANGER I HAVE! It's just like...ARGH DAMN ROADS!!! All that noise! TRAFFIC!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! mad.gif

• 4 weeks later...