Conditions at the time are such a deciding factor.. but likely Furano...

Niseko would be fine, but it will likely be full of people trying out new gear etc.., just like Boxing day - day after xmas - back home in Canada..

Doesn't seem to matter when I go to Furano, there never appears to be a crowd and "nobody" has ever asked us to slow down....

Perhaps they just can't keep/catch up?? :p

Will be watching that Resort Watch page with a devotion bordering on fanaticism.

Quick poll;

What's the minimum snow depth for a decent time?

- 50 cm? (talking desperate here, no?)

- 100 cm?

- 150 cm?

- 200 cm?

Last season, Nozawa was the first place to get 200 cm I think.

I have seen resorts here try to open courses with as little as 30cm on them - and a fair amount of earth showing through. On gentle slopes they might get away with it, but a decent slopes needs at least a meter to be anywhere near decent.

Me always open the season in happo or 47. Happo just always gives me great early sking and the lineups are much better than 47. Plus good party over new years. But for you guys who said Dynaland where do you live me kyoto I spend a good amount of time up around that area Takasu and Dynaland do you want to hook up. I have been sking there for 3 years and know many hiden spots around the area.

probably niseko...

mid. december...

goanna use those fly-anywhere for 10000 deals that ana has going...

gotta buy tix in a few weeks though...hope to god they get some good early dumps!

danz