1. I use 'skiing' as a generic term for 'snow sports' which is a mouthful and vague.

I am going to Germany in jan. for 2 days work so I thought that seeing as the company is paying return air I should pump out my time there by a week and go to Switzerland to 'ski'.

My question: Does accom. get more expensive as the season approaches, ie should I book now?

Sorry for all the questions. I would like to balance the tables a little with some input but I don't have any, not an skiing any way. For the time being I am all take and no give.

{Totally trivial aside: when I was 8 yrs old before I skied I visited the alps in the Junfrau region of Switzerland, I believe it was called Klien Schnideg (excuse the spelling). I wizzed down the snow in a garbage bag and had a ball. Saw an averlanch (awesome) and meet an irish woman and an american. Both had such strong accents that I didn't think that they were speaking english. I recall my day there vividly and really want to return as an adult}.

Switzerland can be very pricey but we got a nice double room in Verbier for 10000 yen a night maybe? the week before Xmas. There is also a backpackers there called The Bunker which charged around 3000 yen if I remember. I suppose prices are similar in other areas-saw some cheaper places in Davos.

Do a web search and book now for sure while you can. Shouldn't be any more pricey than here. Better still get a crew together and rent a chalet for the week. Enjoy.

speaking of skiing europe...

I just got a note from a friend of mine living in france working for solomon...

she just had 8 inches of fresh at Tignes at 12000ft...demoing next years 1080's...and its only september!

Word!

danz

regarding switzerland: if you guys need more informations about hotels/rooms/flats n stuff like that -> drop me a line. it can B very cheap or expensive like a million \:\)

{Totally trivial aside: when I was 8 yrs old before I skied I visited the alps in the Junfrau region of Switzerland, I believe it was called

Klien Schnideg (excuse the spelling). I wizzed down the snow in a garbage bag and had a ball. Saw an averlanch (awesome) and meet an irish woman and an american. Both had such strong accents that I didn't think that they were speaking english. I recall my day there vividly and really want to return as an adult}.[/QB]

It's the "Jungfrau" region and the place is called "Kleine Scheidegg"