I have no idea what the standard of Australian competition is like but either way I gotta say I am pretty chuffed with the guy. really happy for him. I dont see him much (last time about 2 years ago). But then he seemed to be really dedicated. I remember that he had all these competitions that he wanted to go in but couldnt afford the entry fee and his sponsors were not going to foot the bill for all of them. He was also talking about being in an extreme sport video made by one of his sponsors. He is right into going to the top of some remote cliff and boarding down it. I suspect he will be leaving Australia soon now that the season has ended and will be on his way to Canada (the usual routine for years now). I am hoping to get hold of him and convince him to stop in Japan on the way.

Quote:
Originally posted by deebee:
At the risk of giving away my surname, and of in a round about way, bragging, have a look at this my fellow australians:

http://www.austsnowsports.com.au/boarding/010705.htm

number 2 in mens big air is my little brother. Anyone know him?
shit, i use to go to the same school as belinda olding [number 5 in womens alpine]

Gday snurfer.

How have you been? Luke told me you were living up at Collaroy now or something. Hope you are getting a few waves. I wish I was heading over again this season... I might be embarking on a working holiday experience next year though. Looking forward to it.

Lama.

How are ya mate? Whats your plans for this season? Do you know who I am Lama? Remember I stuffed up the video when you launched off that tree on Fatty's run? Still need more clues?

Lama, spot on. Heading north next year?

woywoy, a bit further up the peninsula, just in from North Narra. Had a lot of good waves just after I came back last year. Heading up to Angourie next week.

Went to the snowies for a weekend here in August and missed it by a couple of days. Total crud. Ended up going XC from Guthega which was pretty good.

Can't wait to get back into the real stuff though.

cheers.

Snurfer... north narra is a good spot. I had some great waves the week before last out at bower. Heaps of gooses out there but you can still always get a wave if you sit in the right spot. Angourie goes off as well.

I had a few trips down to stay with my uncle at Jindy this year too. Got it good a few times in the middle of July. Nothing like the real stuff but still you cant complain when its fresh in oz.

Snurfer, I hear Luke is going to be working over there this season. Lucky guy.

Powwers mate... no wuckers. I can tell ya that I definitely love to down a few schooeys at the local. Except when there is something decent on the tube or there are some tasty sheilas around. Stone the crows Alf! ... there is a glamour right now! Gotta go eek.gif

nah i gotchya first time round nige, tried to send your a personal message yesterday through sjg but it obviously didnt work out!!

yeah heading back to niseko @ the end of jan for another 3 weeks! cant wait, this f**king heat is getting to me!!

snurfer.... got a great pic from the alpen ridge at night with Mr yotei exposed!!! i remember you were riding with me when i took it an you always said to let you know how it turned out..... well it worked! i can scan it in at high res. if you like and e-mail it on my address is andrew45@hotmail.com

hope to hear from you and nige...... oh you guys still in touch with luke the made keen tele dude..... always wondered where he got to after a debaucherous night in sapporo

Lama mate... lucky guy to be heading back again. I was thinking of working over there this season as I finish uni this year but havent really got the funds and dont want to do it half-arsed. I mean you want a job like the fatman's where you can ride first-lifts. Otherwise it's just not worth it and I have heard some horrid stories from kids who worked in various pensions and hotels!

I hear from Luke occasionally. He says he will be working for the Deep Powder crew over there this season so you will probably bump into him! I wonder how packed it is going to be up there this season! Have you heard from Paddy at all? That night in Sapporo sounded like a bloody cack... I wish I had gone! Paddy and the Subaru WRX chick!

By the way though Lama, did you find a cheap airfare over there for Jan?

I always had some great riding with you snurfer. Thanks alot. I cant remember if I thanked you for it all. Would be good to hook up again! I never got those pictures from that helmeted-couple on the 68 supermodels though... we did some sweet lines a few of those days with them.

Anyway, lama and snurfer... my email is npmus@hotmail.com so chuck us an email this way sometime if you are not too busy. Cheers