That valley is good, if you dont want to travel to the bigger places in Nagano. Takasu Snow Park, Washigatake, theres a few of them round there./

From Gifu city about 1 hour or 2 depending on traffic and that can get bad. weekday no probs you can fly up there by car. Bus is better than the local train go to the ski shops and ask. if you cant speak jap bring a friend the first time to work it out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

The area is served by a (mostly) one lane freeway... you can imagine what that's like morning and evening on weekends.

My own experience at Dynaland was ruined before I got on the snow. I couldn't get passed the multi-storey carpark and city mall feel that greets you on arrival. Friends seem to think the area has a lot to offer, however.

Dnyland has alot but I wont tell you why because then the secrect is out. I fyou go and look around youll figure it out. Next, the roads leading there suck. The free road is one lane and best accessed at night if you dont youll be caught in a big jam. Same goes with the One Lane Highway PAYWAY. They are still doing consrtuction and will be for a long time to come, making the othere 2 lanes. Give it 5 years and it wil be good. I go from Kyoto in a car and if anyone wants to hook up there is good BACK COUNTRY and well I have to show you.

I am moving to Nagano in six days - I can`t freakin` wait, so in my head, I`m from Nagano.

As for your post Fattwins, I think that a ride board wouldn`t be a bad idea. Some kind of who is going where and when thing - so that people could fill up their cars.

• 2 weeks later...