Aizu Kogen Takatue in Fukusima (or is it tochigi...)

anyway, suprisingly good terrain...snow was great when I was there...and the highlight is a cut trail that they stopped maintaining...so with a 10min hike you can skii freshies all day...no trees...

danz

• 2 weeks later...

echineko, isn't Togari across the valley from Nozawa? Sometimes when I'm finishing up at Nozawa, I look across the valley and see the lights come on for the nighter at Togari and think 'Hmmm, I feel just about ready for a nighter now'.

Why do you like Togari?

Temple Basin in Canterbury NZ. You have to walk up to the field for an hour or so-there is a goods lift. About 4 rope tows which access endless offpiste-actually it's all offpiste. Have never been there as a boarder, only as a hopeless skiier many years ago and could only access the learners slopes. Would love to go back and spend a week there sometime.

I have to weigh in for Hakkoda. Definitely off the beaten track. Not for wimps. This is a mountain that will tear you up and spit you out or take you for the ride of your life. The best part is that on most days you can find yourself all alone carving fresh tracks through deep new snow. Out of the way, but well worth the trip!

• 2 weeks later...