We had the top down on the car today and wstill have the windows open every night. Still hot down here, but nice with it. Expect to use the heaters soon, but not as soon as u guys up north, it seems.

I got sunburnt on Sunday climbing Karamatsudake, the mountain behind the Happo-One resort here in Hakuba. With it being a three-day weekend the trails were very busy, but it was still worth it to be out on such a fine day. I only needed more than one layer at the top 300m which was in cloud by the time we got there.

Yes, it's good to settle down in an evening with a nice nutritious cheese platter with the stove blasting away. I'm wondering what cheeses go best with winter, as the season arrives. It must be an especially nutritious one with all the energy needed for an energetic winter.

I'm really looking forward to the onset of winter as it's bringing hints of topicality in cheeseman's posts. He may actually post something about winter sports soon (as well as more superficial cheese comments).

ahhh, got it out last night. i`ve got some peeps comin for a bit o` a dinner party tonight and i know they`ll want it out, so i thought , what tha heck!

tell ya what though, it was good to get out of bed and be nice an toasty this morning.