I am partial to lesser-known places myself - ones off the beaten track, maybe even you could call them "local". Maybe they are not as sexy as some of the biggies, but theres loads out there that offer a great time.

Hey its me again,

just wanted to thank you peaker for all the information. I went to that e-mail address you gave me. I sent a e-mail to someone...who I sent it to is another question. I'm not what you would call "computer liturte"(can't even spell the word!!!). It would be awsome is you could put a notice up for us. There are only three of us going now. My e-mail addresss is bramfitt.associates@xtra.co.nz

• 2 weeks later...

How about giving the girls a bit of advice or a bit of explanation to go with the resort names ?

Arai gets a LOT of snow, but some of it is quite wet. Last season, one of the good lifts (there are only really two) was closed due to subsidence. The hooded one closes at 4, a bit early for my liking. The hotel complex down the bottom is very nice, and more of it will be opening next year, but being there would hardly be the cultural experience these girls say they are seeking. Arai is one of the least "Japanese" resorts I can think of. As a visitor, though, it's magic when they open up all of the top. Big thumbs up for that, for sure.

Shame about the price of that beer...

hm, arai is a nice place, if you catch it on a weekday after a big dump!

never go on weekends, cause the tickets are way more expensiv! (same as the hotel) and there are too many people so the powder hill is verry fast tracked!

i like the game center in the bottom station!! smile.gif

• 11 years later...

Arai is long gone. Wonder if Emily & friends ever made it to Japan. Fun to see the genesis of the fabled Niseko/Hakuba feud (well, perhaps not the genesis, but the oldest we've got here).

dont let the date put you off. Its a cracking thread title! It needs some blunt straightforward unambiguous and properly full stopped statements.

1 day only:

A long weekend:

A week:

A few weeks:

A month:

A Season:

To live and Love:

And we should really add some experience levels into this relating to both their ability and their experience of Japan,

..which mayb needs to be cross referenced to what they want in a resort. But aside all that... and where they live. I mean a one day trip from tokyo is going to be pretty different than a 1 day trip from Nagoya.

The mre i think about this the more i realise this is easy. This should be a programme. Someone make an app for this. User inputs a few details: where they live; how old they are; how many times theyve skied in Japan. Then other random stuff like experience level, and a priority list on a bunch of stuff like apres, nearby touristy stuiffs, temples access to big cities. Then a few things on what they want in their ski jo (rentals, crepes, big wide open resorts, family friendly, naked gnarly steeps, ninja slackcountry etc), and finally how long theyre staying for and Piff Paff Poof! Result!

i er... well what i mean to say is... well, i was distracted to be honest. I watched doctor who and tried grinding through the secret world and the next thing i knew the programme had failed to complete itself as commanded. Im sure i have a programme for that, ill just have a rummage around for it. Toodlepip! must dash! undead to cleave and all that :)