Guess what!? I gonna buy a car 4 Snowboarding soon! I live @ working in Tokyo, going 2 slope from Tokyo is super expensive!! I spent more than JPY 300,000- for transporation last year. That's 2 expensive!! Am not gonna do that again!!

Keeping car is expensive in here but at least I can go anytime/where!

Re: Message to dodge:

Actually I gonna get Lease Car not buying car.My boss and my pals are keeping telling me that Lease Car is expensive but actually not that expensive I think 'cos price is inc. Tax, Insurance and Shaken(car body test). I gonna pay about JPY20,000- per month to Subaru Car to keep lovely 'Red Forester'.

I think not that expensive to keep it.

hey, the highwaytaxes and the trafficjams are the problem!!!

i was snowboarding with some tokyo mates last year.

we had to start arround 2 or 3 in the morning, drive just trafficjams, and paid alot for highway taxes, arrived , took a litle sleep, and get up on the hill for the first lift. at lunch time everybody crashed...

i think its as much expensiv as taking the shinkansen, but more stressful!

it might be a little less expensiv when you have a van and you could sleep in your own car.

well anyway enjoy riding a car in japan and have a nice winter!

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of spending half of every weekend in a car, train, or bus, why don't you move to the mountains ? Loads of other Japanese boarders do it, and you can bet that if gaijin could get visas easier, lots of gaijin would do it too.

You'll have to leave your job, but hey, you can always get another one. You'll never get another youth. In five or ten years time you may have a house and kids to pay for, so you should enjoy yourself while you can. While you may have cool boarding friends in Tokyo, they won't be as hardcore as the folk who've gone to live in inaka. Fresh powder on a weekday can't be beaten, especially when you've had a good night's sleep nearby. Most jobs at resorts pay little, but if you're spending that much money and time on just getting to the slopes....

Sounds like I've had a few trips like Ivo. The other problem with tripping to the slopes is that even if you stay somewhere, everyone gets into holiday mood and next thing you know loads of beers appear. So your trip is day one-tired from journey, day two-hungover, day three-leave early to catch train/avoid traffic. Not quite the best way to enjoy a strenuous sport like boarding.

[This message has been edited by NoFakie (edited 11 October 2001).]

Quote:
Originally posted by NoFakie:

even if you stay somewhere, everyone gets into holiday mood and next thing you know loads of beers appear. So your trip is day one-tired from journey, day two-hungover,

when you stay all season in the mounatains you will be every week 2-3 times pissed about drinking (ehm... or was that just me??)
but, a snowboarder who can't go snowboarding with a hangover is not a real HC boarder!!!
  • 2 weeks later...