hi all. i converted from skiing to boarding last year, had a pretty good first boarding season... but my boarding friends have all kissed japan goodbye and buggered off home. i'm an australian gal based in tokyo, seeking new friends to board with in nagano/niigata this season, with a possible trip to hokkaido in jan/feb. anyone, anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing here; been in Tokyo just a couple of months but intend to have a good time in the slopes this winter - all I need is some nice people to ride with..

I'm a Finnish guy, been boarding for several years, enjoy freeriding the most.

Let's see if Japan can beat BC, Canada; that's where I started my season last year before I had to return home...

Hi Belle,

This winter I will be doing a lot of trips between Tokyo and Hakuba, in January and February, by car. I'm looking for someone to share the expenses.

I'll give you more specific dates later if your interested.

Sean

Quote:
Originally posted by belle:

hi all. i converted from skiing to boarding last year, had a pretty good first boarding season... but my boarding friends have all kissed japan goodbye and buggered off home. i'm an australian gal based in tokyo, seeking new friends to board with in nagano/niigata this season, with a possible trip to hokkaido in jan/feb. anyone, anyone?

very excited by all my *new friends* although very impatient for the snow... hope we see something of last season again this year.

kuma, i had an awesome season in 1997 in whistler/lake louise looking to get back there this feb for a short stint. cool news seando. keep in touch won't ya! george...only a litle way to go now (power of a positive mind eh?)

Hi belle

Count me in too - looks like finding some new buddies this season to ride the board with. I had enough of just going with my japanese friends last season.

But its all still nearly 2 months off. frown.gif

Hi Belle and all!

I'm from Japan but I was in the US for several years and came back last year. So I really don't know anyone to go riding with here yet... I'd love to make snowboard friends.

If anyone is going up to the mountains please take me!

emi

Hey! Interet to join our Hokkaido Trip between 10 Feb - 12 Feb???

(Well I wish to go between 9th -11th but too expensive due to Ice Festival in Hokkaido)

gonna go to Ice Festival and Niseko for Long weekend.Our budget is JPY60,000- per person (Inc. Flight, Place to stay)

Anyone can come, if you are confirtable with Crazy gals.

• 2 weeks later...

Wazoo ! I'm gagging to glide the slopes in Nihon. Have wheels and room for san/yon nin in the back - looking to exit Tokyo hard on a Friday night, double-day riding, then grind back on a Sunday eve. Visitors through to New Year prevent immediate action, but definitely thereafter. Lining up for a pint with a few peers sounds like a good idea.

Gav/Belle, send us a mail when you've got a place to go - an irish place in Shinjuku would suit me fine on a Wednesday night - how about next week ?