G'day Andrew! Does this site have any snow forecasts, i.e about 7 days out etc. Here is Oz we have this info supplied by various weather bureaus.

Maybe a "Weather Forum" would be a good idea (like on ski.com.au) where those interested in forecasting can put up their predictions and talk about coming snowfalls. It is very successful over here.

Cool! We had a pretty ordinary season over here. No snow til about August really (just on man made areas) then it pretty much stopped at the end of August and then melted.

Look forward to seeing the new developments on here.

You still based in Yuzawa? I think I heard you changed jobs last season.

Hi there

Good to hear from you again. Yes, SJG HQ is in Yuzawa (near the station), now part of a web design company. SJG concept, independance etc etc remain exactly the same as before and always will. Just the site will get better and better!

If you want to mail me, my address is andrew@skijapanguide.com.

Thanks

Andrew

Hey Frog,

Will you be providing your forecasts for Japan this season? I wonder if you can tell me where I can get COLA/NOGAPS, or for that matter any model information, for the region? Its too easy to trust your commentaries back in Oz!

Cheers,

LN

Loch Ness

We will be providing reports like we did last season on a daily basis. They are for the most part provided by our network of people around Japan who are based in those regions, and we check data from resorts as well. We hope that you feel you can trust the info you find on skijapanguide

SkiJapan Administrator,

Thanks for this information. I have complete trust in the forecasts provided by your network and the resorts. The only reason that I posted my last message to The Frog is that he is well regarded by many in Australia for not only his forecasts, but also his access to interesting analysis/charts, etc.

I am new to this DB this season and can`t wait to begin reading the forecasts that this site produces - and totally can`t wait until I'm riding Niseko next Jan/Feb!!!

Thanks, LN smile.gif

LN, I do have a link for the COLA charts for Japan and also for snow-forecast.com.

I can do some forecasting for japan but on ly to about 6 days at the moment, not like up to 3 weeks over here in Oz. smile.gif ...and by the way, it doesn't look like any snow in Japan this week.

COLA (East Asia): http://grads.iges.org/pix/ea.fcst.html

Snow-Forecast (Japan): http://www.snow-forecast.com/japan.html

Evidence to suggest the first real plunge of northern air this weekend. Expect the higher mountains to get a good dusting. Will be hiking with the gaiters, if I can escape the office chains.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...