hi ppl,

i am trying to plan for a boarding trip in japan in feb 2002. so far hokkaido area is catching my interests, i am guessing that since it's no part of honshu, so the travelling expenses might not be as expensive as in tokyo. i may be wrong.

can anyone give me some info on where i can stay? travelling tips, accommodations etc. i am all ears.

also... i am looking for someone, or some group that i can tag along with. see my japanese is hopeless, i have pretty much unlearnt all the japanese i learned during high school.

i am working in taiwan now, and japan is the prefered destination becos of it's geographical location, the plane ride is 4 hours max, compared to an 11-13 hour trip to canada.

also, i have a question with regards to ski gear rentals in japan. are they expensive? do they allow you to rent JUST the board? see i have my own boots and bindings. or is it the case of all or nothing?

gtg.. cheers everyone.

Quote:

so the travelling expenses might not be as expensive as in tokyo. i may be wrong.

you are wrong! traveling in japan is expensiv, everywhere! but check about the japan railpass (you have to buy it outside of japan!)
 Quote:

can anyone give me some info on where i can stay? travelling tips, accommodations etc. i am all ears.

in niseko, hirafou, wazzas world! a verry cheap , familliar and nice backpakkers! mail me, i will sent you the phonenumber!
 Quote:

also... i am looking for someone, or some group that i can tag along with. see my japanese is hopeless, i have pretty much unlearnt all the japanese i learned during high school.

don't mind, you will come arround with some real basic japanese and english! it is more fun and you will meet much more new people when you travel by yourself than traveling in a group!
 Quote:

do they allow you to rent JUST the board? see i have my own boots and bindings. or is it the case of all or nothing?

i guess it will be little chaeper, if you rent a board with binding. but i don't think that they will discount the price just because you bring your own bindings.
why don't you buy a board in taiwan?