Has anyone ridden a Burton BMC snowboard last season. I`ve just picked up a 168. Hopefully it will cope with the Niseko pow. I normally ride a Burton 181, and for the last two seasons it has handled the steep and deep quite well. Just wondering if anyone has played with one, I heard they were fast and ultra light but will it hold up in deep pow, I weigh about 85kgs.

Here`s to another bumper season.

HaHaHa yourself,don`t you think anyone makes a board bigger than your 155 skateboard. So far the 181 has been the easiest board to handle in deep snow, and the easiest board to ride. And no we don`t ride with ski boots. Burton supermodel, 181, burton stepin freestyle binding and boots. Although I could see you on a 155 skate board and ski boots, that sounds more like you, Mr Frstyle.

181 !?!?

i never seen a board that big....

Sounds like you need to crawl out of hibination or ride something bigger than your,...... arm.

• 2 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by powpow:
Has anyone ridden a Burton BMC snowboard last season. I`ve just picked up a 168. Hopefully it will cope with the Niseko pow. I normally ride a Burton 181, and for the last two seasons it has handled the steep and deep quite well. Just wondering if anyone has played with one, I heard they were fast and ultra light but will it hold up in deep pow, I weigh about 85kgs.
Here`s to another bumper season.

yeah i have ridden niseko pow on a 162 burton FL (weigh 78kg) the last 2 seasons and had a blast.... dont worry the bmc will do fine (it would want to!!).

Sounds like you ppl are all looking fwd to deep pow in Niseko. Wonder if it'll get deep in Feb. Am planning a 2 week long trip to Japan.

My main board is a 3 year old k2 Eldo 164, although I do step up to a supermodel 168 in deep pow.

Oh yeah, I weigh 68kg.

Feb` in Niseko seems to be peak season. Not crowd wise but pow wise. The last two seasons have been bottomless. Over in Hanazono 1 & 3 lift, the trees are perfectly planted. A couple of meters apart providing the best powder tree runs you will ever get. We`ve had pow upto armpits in Strawberry Fields . The walk to the summit at Harifu is arwsome then snowslide towards Hanazono 3 tree run, it doesn`t get any better. eek.gif

[This message has been edited by powpow (edited 11 November 2001).]