just wanted to know what the backcountry is like in niseko,

ehm, should we say busy!?

is it easily accessible?

most of the area is too easy to access! so that will be tracked out after 2 days or so, if you can find some local friends you will see some other verry nice spots!

the biggest problems for riding backcountry in niseko is that many of the runs end with a (long) walk trough the snow or your run ends in pretty flat area!

What is the night life like in niseko as well?

sometimes fun sometimes boring! one of the best places in hirafu is pow-pow but if you make some local fiends you might can join some nice privat parties!

[This message has been edited by ivo (edited 03 November 2001).]

Quote:
Originally posted by powder_crazed:
hey kids,

just wanted to know what the backcountry is like in niseko, is it easily accessible?

yeah niseko back country goes off if you know where to go... been going there for the past two seasons. if you spend a bit of time there and get to know the terrain and a few locals you will have a blast!! it seariously has the best tree runs any where. especially at night off piste with minimal lights!

What is the night life like in niseko as well?

as far as night life goes it can be good, the pow pow is probably the first place you will find. but try the gen tem bar on the road that heads up to the gondola.... there are also a few other places around town, but can be a little hidden
  • 2 weeks later...

Lama,

Are you one of those Aussies who was up in the cheapish Hirafu Chalet where there was a guy Ben in charge and his helper Matt who lived in the chalet (actually a big old Japanese house about 5 mins from the Hirafu gondola)?

There was a rather wooly-headed soul named Paddy there around that time.

We're going back up this year around the same time. Hope you're there, let's have a drink or two!

Badmigraine in Tokyo.

yes this is i!!

unfortunately i do remember patty!

who are you guys, were there 3 of you, one a japanese guy? sorry forget names... a long time betwen sake

unfortunately i am not heading to niseko this year. i am going to europe, to the Big mountains of France.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey lama, badmigraine's freind.

I am not surpirsed you don't remember us, we weren't there that long. I think only about four days. badmigraine's the S&M one and I am the one you guys tried to rope into having pick girls up for YOU GUYS at powpow cause I speak Japanese.

Remember now?