I must say I am impressed. I thought you had a good site last year, but this is truly an excellent piece of work. I am sure I am right in saying that this must be one of the top web sites in Japan.

Well done on a truly excellent site. Where do you get the revenue to make this thing?

Robert Powell

Tokyo

Hi Jane

It's not noticeably slower on this machine. Would be worth it anyway with all the new stuff going on.

I just wish there were more maps here, then it would be reallly cool.

helen

Hi Jane

Thanks for posting. The site is in fact not "slower than last year". The difference is that the new site has been completely recoded and redesigned from scratch and so on your first visits it may take more time than you are used to using skijapanguide for all the new code to download. Once you have been to the site a few times, then it should not take much time to browse from then on. You should find that it will get quicker as you use it.

In development we have done everything possible to keep the sizes down, whilst at the same time adding all the new features we (and our readers) wanted and giving Ski Japan Guide a dynamic design interface.

Hope you find that to be the case.

Ski Japan Guide

Sorry to seem awkward but it is definately slower. my machine is set not to cache pages so I download every page new each time, even with your old site I was doing this, this one is definately slower.

I use Netscape and I also notice that your fonts seem to change size in funny places, I am sure this is an error with your style sheets and Netscape as your DHTML menu's do not work either.

Glad to see you kept the design intact as its still a very cool looking site.

Its meant constructively.. smile.gif

Sorry to seem awkward but it is definately slower. my machine is set not to cache pages so I download every page new each time, even with your old site I was doing this, this one is definately slower.

I use Netscape and I also notice that your fonts seem to change size in funny places, I am sure this is an error with your style sheets and Netscape as your DHTML menu's do not work either.

Glad to see you kept the design intact as its still a very cool looking site.

Its meant constructively.. smile.gif

apologies, mine is now super fast at downloading, and moving around regular spots faster than ever. Sorry for the initial comments, but what with the ADSL connection, I'm particularly sensitive to slow sites! Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks for the comments. Glad to hear that you are faster now tetumn.

Janet. Yes, we have made the settings so that the submenus are not working on Netscape for a number of reasons. The site is better suited to Explorer than Netscape - sorry......And sorry if it's being slower with you, and glad you like the design.

Hope you continue to enjoy it anyway.